Wow Warning Bots fasely accusing people

Why should I keep investing in a game that I’ve played for well over 10 years only to be accused maliciously via a wow bot that gave out a warning that falsely accuses people of harassing others, then gives a link for them to follow, only to find out Wow is now backing the bots by telling them to “follow the rules”, this is according to Wows own support page, and is telling ALL WOW CUSTOMERS they are liars. So basically I wait till I’m suspended or banned for things I never did before then I can challenge my NON-HUMAN accuser is my understanding correct. It used to be a person could actually have a in-game discussion and they could see if the accusation was true or not. Way to take the soul out of the game Wow. Does Wow love to lose customers?

What are you even talking about?

If you want info on the WoW policies, warning system, etc, you would want to post in the WoW Customer Support forum.

Bots don’t report people by the way, they advertise.

If you are talking about the new automated warning - it means other PLAYERS are reporting you and you should stop doing whatever it is.

The only time an actual Suspension or Account Closure is issued is if a GM review that chat logs that are attached when something reaches the GM stage. If those logs back the penalty, then they apply it.

You can, of course, appeal which means having someone take a second look.

If all you got was a warning, then that does not cause any account penalties. It is just that, a warning letting you know fellow players reported you…and giving you a chance to stop or limit advertising, etc.

1 Like

I’ll follow all your suggestions. Here’s what I found and it might look familiar. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/what-do-gms-do-now/322787
I also noticed in customer support there were NO responses from any customer support people only other gamers.
I’ll post in customer support like you suggested. Don’t be surprised if I don’t end up back here again.
Food for thought if it’s a new automated warning then it’s not a person warning anyone it’s a program. People pressing the report button, causes a automated program response that uses the correct response/algorithms that it was programed with, then notifies the player. That’s called a bot, developers use them all the time to replace what humans used to do in-game by GMs.
An Internet bot, web robot, robot, simply bot, gaming bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks (scripts) over the Internet and or in-game usually with the intent to imitate human activity on the Internet and or in-game, such as messaging, on a large scale.
Also I followed your link: " Received a Warning Notice In-Game in World of Warcraft"
The is the message at the bottom of the page they use to solve the issue. “If you are reported several times in World of Warcraft for violating the in-game rules, the game will send you a warning letting you know that you will need to be careful or you may get a silence or suspension in game. This is completely automated and cannot be seen or modified by Customer Support. If you receive one of these warnings, it is recommended that you make sure you are adhering to the In-Game Code of Conduct.”

1 Like

Every single blue post is a Blizzard post. There are hundreds of them. They happen every single day.

This forum is for the Desktop launcher app. Posting here does not even remotely come close to reaching the right team.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.