Wow som ptr blzbntagt00000bb8

Hello,

I attempted to load the WOW Classic SOM PTR install to check out the new release and set up my testing character. I pressed the “Update” button (I keep auto update disabled for this install), and I was greeted by “Whoops Looks like something broke Give it another shot” with the corresponding BB8 error.

I uninstalled the PTR installation via the desktop app, navigated to my wow install directory, and deleted the classic era ptr folder. Upon reinstalling, I’m greeted with the same error. After dismissing the error, if I press the now-available Update button, the desktop app gets stuck in an infinite scan/repair loop.

This behavior persists after restarting the battle net app.
This behavior persists after reboot.
sfc /scannow reports no errors in system integrity.
No antivirus is running on the system except default settings in Windows Defender.

Edit:
After experiencing the above, I attempted to log onto live WOW Classic SOM. I received an error that my game installation was broken and needed to be repaired.

I completely uninstalled all installations of WOW and was able to reinstall + log in to all installations without issue.

cheers mate, been having this problem with overwatch. now my only problem is that I’m playing overwatch.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.