This is my first time utilizing the WOW API and I’m just beginning to learn some of the nuances, so apologies if this is an obvious question.
I’m attempting to query for different creatures in dungeons but have been unable to do so. I can locate an instance, an associated encounter, and then obtain a creature ID from this encounter.
- Query for Ny’alotha, the Waking City:
- Query for the Wrathion encounter:
- This returns the creature ID for Wrathion of
5118. However, when I query for a creature with the ID of
5118it returns nothing:
My questions are:
- Why doesn’t Wrathion’s encounter return the mobs that spawn when you’re destroying the pillars? I noticed in other encounters it does.
- Why doesn’t Wrathion show up as a creature when I enter this creature ID into the creatures API?
- Is there any easier way to search for NPCs in a dungeon?
Any help would be appreciated!