WoW API showing less achievement points than what's in-game

Hello!

I received a report from a user that the achievement points shown in the API and on the armory was 10 less than what they saw in-game. I checked one of my own characters and saw the same problem. This may have been happening since the new covenant upgrade achievements were hotfixed in.

Example API Calls:
profile/wow/character/drenden/shoogen?namespace=profile-us
and
profile/wow/character/drenden/shoogen/achievements?namespace=profile-us

Notice that achievement_points says 35,120, but in-game I have 35,130. I made sure to logout and exit game to make sure it wasn’t just a delay in updating the API stats.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I wanted to add to this. For my character, the difference isn’t 10 points, but 30. So the size of the “point offset” bug is either growing or can vary. My character is Vaugn on Kilrogg-US, if that helps investigate the issue.

1 Like

For a long time now, there has been a difference between the number in play and what the API returns

I have the same issue, 30 point difference.

this could be caused by some account or faction specific not showing on the character api been that way for a while

I have done some debugging to compare in-game vs armory and I think I have figured out what the problem is. It looks like there are a handful achievements that are flagged with TRACKING_FLAG (0x100000). It seems these achievements are properly excluded in the armory, but they are incorrectly awarding points in-game.

I found this using the following in-game commands:

/run local sum=0 for id=1,17000 do _,_,points,completed,_,_,_,_,flags,_,_,guild=GetAchievementInfo(id) if completed and not guild then sum=sum+points end end print('in-game = ' .. sum)
/run local sum=0 for id=1,17000 do _,_,points,completed,_,_,_,_,flags,_,_,guild=GetAchievementInfo(id) if completed and not guild and bit.band(flags, 0x100000)==0 then sum=sum+points end end print('armory points = ' .. sum)

The problematic achievements are:

• 15186 The Archivists’ Codex Tier 2 [DNT]
  • 15187 The Archivists’ Codex Tier 3 [DNT]
  • 15188 The Archivists’ Codex Tier 4 [DNT]
  • 15189 The Archivists’ Codex Tier 5 [DNT]
  • 14884 Level 45 (probably shouldn’t be flagged)

While working on this, we also noticed that some of the Fated raid achievements are incorrectly listed as “superceding” the non-fated version of the same raid. Maybe a copy+paste error when creating the achievements. This causes the achievement to incorrectly show up in the UI, with a point value shown on top of the Feat of Strength icon.

• 15669 Mythic: Fate of Domination is incorrectly superceding 15127 Heroic: Sanctum of Domination
  • 15668 Heroic: Fate of Domination is incorrectly superceding 15126 Sanctum of Domination

Thank you!

1 Like