When I try to launch WoW from the battle.net launcher it repeats the update process. I press play than doesn’t launch and repeats the updating process when it completes it does the same. i am using 22.214.171.124730
Typically issues like this come down to either something interfering with the update agent or between the game client and the desktop application itself. Your game client is the correct version though so it is updated. This could mean corruption with the desktop application or game client itself.
First I recommend temp disabling any other programs that may be running and retesting. If that has no effect then the following will clear out the app and if necessary the game to allow a clean install of each.
Let’s manually clear the Battlenet Desktop Application and all supporting data from the system. This will not remove existing game clients.
- Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
- Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
- Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
- Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
- Empty the recycle bin.
- Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.
While I typically save this step as a sort of last resort due to the size of the game client, it does often solve issues like this where other steps sometimes fail.
- Click Options (gear symbol next to the install/update/play button)
- Click Show in Explorer. (leave this window open while you perform step three.)
- Go back to Options and select Uninstall and go through the process to remove the core files and association to the desktop application. (Skip to step for if unable to perform this uninstall)
- Check the opened file explorer window to see if the game folder was deleted when the game was uninstalled. If it was not, delete the folder manually.
- Go back to the Blizzard App and reinstall the game client through the Blizzard App.