World of Warcraft keeps reverting to Legion

This has been happening for years now, even all during Battle for Azeroth since it launched. For some unknown reason even fresh reinstalling and no other copies of WoW are on my computer, the Battle.net app keeps loading up WoW as if it’s during Legion and not on Shadowlands as it should be! Am I missing something, like some hidden file that keeps tricking it to thinking that Legion is the most up to date version of WoW I have even though it shows WoW is 8.3 now. This is getting on my nerves as it also denies me WoW Classic. Any help would be great. And thanks in advance.

Hey Railershy,

It’s not clear what you are describing. If you are able to log into the game then everything would be working normally. You should be able to swap to Classic by selecting the option in the Region drop down box or launching the games directly from the install folders. If you want to provide a screenshot though that could help us identify the problem. You can upload to somewhere like Imgur and paste the link here between two grave accents (`) like so:

link goes here

https://imgur.com/a/tCa9SHJ Hope this works. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling as I said it STILL comes back to look like this. I did once when the planets aligned to be Shadowlands but my OS updated then when I reopened it it came back up to this again. And as you can see, I can’t access classic here.

Edit: Looked at my account info and think I found the problem. I have 2 accounts under my main account,. one i use to play and one that’s inactive that’s sitting on Legion. So I got a feeling THAT’S where the problem is coming from. Now I need to get the 2nd account deleted and HOPEFULLY not the main account that’s got an active subscription.

Hey there Railershy! It looks like your Battle.net App is outdated and is in a state where it needs to be completely uninstalled and reinstalled. Make sure to clear any files inside of your Battle.net folder when you uninstall. You can find the up-to-date download information on the Battle.net site. After reinstalling, you should be good to go, but if the problem isn’t solved let us know.