Windows10 wont let me uninstall Destiny 2 without it in launcher?>

Can I get assistance? Windows 10 won’t let me uninstall Destiny 2 because it isn’t in the Blizzard battlenet launcher now. I need to get these 84 gigs off my harddrive.

When I try to uninstall through Windows 10 settings/Apps. It launches Battlenet which gives me an error code of BLZBNTBNU00000006

That error code tells me to reinstall Battlenet but I still have battlenet because I still play other Blizzard games constantly. Destiny 2 has been removed from Battlenet and so I can’t do anything from it there either.

If there is some other method of installing for those of us who aren’t technically trained, maybe that error code page/link could actually provide some useful information on how to do so?

Hey there Sinzh,

There were previously some other steps on this thread, but I’m switching them out for some more effective ones.

You can manually delete the game from wherever you normally installed it. By default, this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Destiny 2. If it still shows in the Windows Apps and Features menu after doing this, be advised that this isn’t an accurate reflection of what’s still installed on your harddrive, as it pulls from registry keys rather than your actual harddrive space.

Often when I see BLZBNTBNU00000006, this is what has happened - the game is already deleted but apps and features still has an entry. This is just a display issue, and if you’re out of space, it’s actually being taken up by other programs.

The problem with just deleting the Destiny 2 folder Drakuloth, is that it doesn’t solve the problem of the game still showing up in the Windows Apps menu. Also, before you attempt to dodge the problem and place the blame on either Bungie or Microsoft, remember it wasn’t either of them that installed the game, it was Blizzard, via the Blizzard Launcher, that installed it. For the uninstaller to not function is stupid, get your guys act together, and take the 10 minutes to go and fix the problem you made.

BTW, OP, I was able to use the free version of Revo uninstaller to remove it. Which just goes to show how easy it should be for Blizzard to undo the problem they created.

DavidEl,

I’m aware, actually. That list is not always accurate and is only considered a display issue. That window draws from the registry and is as a result extremely inaccurate in any event where you manually delete data. We can’t directly support modification of the registry to fix that on the forums - it’s something you’d want to work with microsoft on or use a third party utility to work around for now.

If you’d like to submit a suggestion for the devs to alter the way we display this, you’re welcome to, but please be advised that we do have some contractual limits on what we can and cannot do. I can’t discuss those directly, as I’m not a legal representative, but hopefully that provides some perspective on why this may be less cut and dry than you imagine. Nevertheless, you’re welcome to point this out, since we don’t field suggestions in tech - you’d just need to go to the right forums. Any feedback for the app itself should go to #feedback-discussion.