Why is WoW already running when Battle.net launches

When I launch the Battle.net app from desktop, I have the ‘Play’ button, but the info text next to it says “Game is running”. I can’t get it to stop, and therefore can’t do a scan and repair. This started happening around 10/22. The game launches when the button is hit, and I can play, but when I ‘Exit Game’, it doesn’t actually exit. Any help, please?

Hey there Xyannala,

This sort of behavior could be caused by corrupted local Battle.net files on your computer. Let’s try re-installing the Battle.net Desktop App with these steps:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard Battle.net App (skip Step 6 for now, we will re-install later).

2. Next (before re-installing) let’s delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders in the Windows temporary file locations below. If you don’t see all 3 folders in each location, that is okay—just delete the folders you have):

• Press Windows Key + R and type: %LOCALAPPDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
    • Repeat the process for %APPDATA%, %TEMP%, and %PROGRAMDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
  3. Finally, re-install the App.

Let us know how it goes!