Why is this thing so slow

How come every other app (steam, origin, gog) and every other launcher app downloads games SO much faster than Battlenet? I have a download speed of 250mbps, now I understand that no downloader will ever actually achieve that but at least they can still push 85+ mbps where as Battlenet can’t even achieve 2mbps. I’m literally downloading patches and games with this thing at less than 2mbps. Why is that?

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to get an answer to this for a while now so I’m following you dude.

Running on a wired connection capable of at least 30MB/s at peak hour on the NBN here in AUS with no hardware issues, the battle.net client is capping all my download speeds to about 2-3MB/s.

I’ve been through all the Agent and networking troubleshooting and nothing is helping.

Switching regions would help initially as would running a VPN however the client seems to be bottlenecking and I’m sure many other users would agree that this is getting to be a bit of a joke.

Is there ANYTHING else we can try short of waiting for the servers and client to be completely overhauled?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Send help please

@Gramps

Replying to this thread to provide a little clarification on how this works. This is actually a pretty common point of confusion, and it’s really all about naming conventions and whether or not capital letters exist in what you’re talking about. When your ISP sells you bandwidth, they’re doing it in Megabits per second. We’re downloading in MegaBytes per second. A lot of other apps show you in Megabits per second, but we opted for the more condensed view of MegaBytes per second.

There are 8 megabits in a megabyte. If you have a 30 Mbps connection bandwidth through your ISP and you’re downloading the game at somewhere between 2-4 MB/sec, that’s about normal because what you’re getting through your ISP is an average and it’ll fluctuate some.

@Gxi

As for the OP, assuming you still have the problem, you’re WELL under your bandwidth - you should be getting closer to 30MB/sec. Something weird is going on there. Have you tried anything to troubleshoot this?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Millepor21 - Slow downloads

Hi I have 500mb/s connection and My download ia cap to 45mb/sec why you downcap the download

[Edited by Moderator]
This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.