Why is there a queue? D2R

We really shouldnt need to sit through a queue every time the other side of the world signs on. This is completely unacceptable we need better server capacity.

8 Likes

Agreed. Completely BS to get to play 30 minutes, crash and have to sit an wait an hour to log in or more. If I would have known this was gonna be this way I wouldn’t have spent my money. You’d think they’d upgrade the servers going from D2 to D2R.

3 Likes

Totally agreed, was the game/servers ready for the release? I would love to spend some time playing this game, but its almost unplayable with the unstable servers and queue wait time - fix this, please?

2 Likes

Really struggling to understand why we the customers have to deal with these issues. You are a multi billion dollar company and yet you are treating your loyal D2 customers without any care in the world. Why on earth can a multi-billion dollar company not afford servers or support that will allow the players to not have to queue for hours?

Why do have to deal with long queues, getting crashes and then being forced to re-enter the queues? It’s pure and utter incompetence. Offer your fans a partial refund for this debacle, a pure disgrace.

4 Likes

I get home from work and get maybe get a couple of hours a week to play and an hour long queue, then finally get in game and get dropped or crashed. I don’t understand how the old d2 servers were far more stable. Like blizzard took our money as if it is a AAA company releasing a AAA title and a small start up company can deliver a better service. WTH…

2 Likes

I too would like a blue post answering this question in a reasonable way. But… You wont get one. The answer is simple. Its not profitable to spend money on the servers. they are going to wait for the hype to die down and find a way to monetize updates to the game. The old blizzard is dead and gone. This is Activison & all they care about is money.

3 Likes

If this is any example of how D4 will operate then I will be sure to stay far away from it.

The old blizzard is dead and gone.

I’m getting the same feeling. Never thought I’d not be a Blizzard fan, but a player cap on a multiplayer game is something that is really hard to simply accept. And given the complete lack of acknowledgement, I can only assume that this is simply a business decision and one that we the players are just going to have to live with.

This is Activison & all they care about is money.

Yes… sadly, with this clear example of operating costs trumping playability, I can only assume that this business model will be present in future releases in some form. I guess this is Blizzard’s way of telling us all it’s time for a change…

I think I’ll go find some old jewel-cased hard copies so I can give my money to the idea of Blizzard from my childhood and not the reality of today’s company.

Also, it seems like this is a number of our first posts… Congrats Blizzard, you drove your community to action.

1 Like

Totally agree.
I’ve been playing since D2 LoD. And after years of disappointments like these, this will be the last time I buy or play their games. I won’t buy D4, the next wow expansion, I’m done.

2 Likes

I played WOW for the longest time, but just started becoming more and more casual. D2 was hands down one of the top 5 PC games that I used to play. So, I was super excited for D2R! Now it’s que after que, disconnected game after disconnected game. Oh yes the source code is the root cause. There’s three words Server stress tests. This is one of the worst launches with server issues I’ve ever seen. I stopped paying for WOW 2 years ago. I have no intention of purchasing D4 or any other Blizzard/Activision games anymore. Fix your pathetic, slow, and unplayable game! They obviously are wrapped up in so many lawsuits that they can’t afford to fix it!

I have a limited window of time to play D2R most days. Unfortunately, that time is being exhausted trying to queue up. Blizzard’s response to this whole fiasco really doesn’t do much to disarm their growing body of critics.

my question is why does the queue take so long? it says 44…and I wait 20 minutes? are the servers SO small that 44 people arent logging in and out on this game constantly? wtf?

What is wrong with the servers now?? Position 165 and 30 minutes later still waiting to log into queue?? At 8:30 am on a saturday morning?
This is ridiculous

Today, I’m out of patience. Waiting for 448 queues, watched a whole movie, got back, and saw 135 queues. Ordered something to eat, saw 44 queues. Then " CANNOT CONNECT TO THE SERVER." Again started waiting at 235 Queues. And " CANNOT CONNECT TO THE SERVER." WTF. Wasted my waiting time for 4 hours. F(**^!@

Yea this is absolutely insane. I thought maybe after initial release things would stabilize. I promise one thing; if this isn’t fixed, I will never buy a Blizzard product again, and I will encourage my friends and family to do the same. All of my friends that play blizzard games are also attempting to play d2r, and this is crazy sad.

Like multiple others here, I have children, work, and limited time to play. Early Saturday morning before everyone gets up being one of them… This is crazy, I thought we were on the “new” battle.net? Does that mean the ancient servers were just updated with new software and can’t handle it? People, this is how they treat us. Why give them money for future products? D4 looks like a garbage can of WOW action packed combos and fireworks anyways…

Please provide some sort of official statement on the queues.

Pay $40 to watch the queue screen.
30 mins and the queue moved from 188 to 180.

Forum Moderator Note: This thread is off-topic for the Support Site feedback forum.