Which was your first class in Diablo 2?

I’m kinda curious to know which class was the overall most appealing in the early 00’s and overall most fun to play before Paladins and Sorceress took over due to efficiency factors.

In my personal case my first class was a Necromancer that was really badly constructed (this was before LoD came out), with a random crossbow, skill points and attributes expended everywhere and really crap gear, and due to the frustration of constantly dying i just dropped him to try the Barbarian since my 12 yo me found him really badass XD.
I was still performing like crap but not in such a horrible way as i did with the Necromancer, it was a bit more intuitive to build and my first thoughts were looking for specific attributes such as life and mana leech and strength, and oh boy did i love WW, when i finally got to the cows level can’t even mention how many hours i did expend there spinning like a retard XD.

But after that and specially when 1.10 came out he’s been one of my last characters to build since there’s not so many things in which he shines on it’s own, probably a gold farming build is worthy but due to the time it takes to get those specific items it’s never been my first preference since then.

Hi Xathyr!

I think the very first one I tried was Barbarian but it’s been so long I can’t remember too well lol. I know that I never beat the game fully in vanilla, but played it a lot when the expansion came out. These days I like every class and they are all pretty fun to play. My favorite is probably the Druid or Paladin right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like