We've detected a newer version of battle.net

This just randomly started happening out of nowhere ??? Everytime I run battle.net now after just turning on my computer I have to spend 20 minutes downloading less than a gig update for it everytime???

6 Likes

I’m have the same that happen to me, witch sucks because my data is capped at 50gbs a month so I’m super F’d

is there any way to fix this issue it just started for me will reinstalling fix this issue broken shortcut

1 Like

Using the solution mentioned here https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/battlenet-did-not-auto-update/1794027 by Vortimer on the WoW Forums has resolved this for me, so far, and I hope it does the trick for you all as well. :slight_smile:

Oh, right, I can’t post direct links - if you’re not comfortable copy/pasting it, just search on the US WoW Forums for something like “Bnet version” (without the quotes) and it should be near the top of the search results.

Basically, just manually update the Bnet app by downloading the installer, running it, accepting the UAC prompt, and it should update your Bnet for you no problem.

6 Likes

Here’s your link:

:slight_smile:

Best of luck in your games… all your games !

P.S. : After updating Battle.Net, its version is now 2.29.0.14647

4 Likes

Are we sure this newer version is okay and not interfered with by outside hackers or whatnot? Blizzard’s website is having trouble at the same time!

I installed it before finding this out so I would greatly appreciate confirmation that its official.

The alert that pops up tells you who the update is signed by.

Which part of the website is experiencing problems?

I didn’t see any alert. I updated via the Setup app. There was no alert.*

The website is having issues in this forum. I can’t search because it keeps saying I’ve done that too many times recently. Also the main login button gives me a 404.

EDIT: The searching seems to be fixed now.

EDIT2: I’m on a Mac, so maybe that’s the alert difference.

*EDIT3: Other than the usual this downloaded from the correct site.

Oh, then you’re looking for a different forum :slight_smile:. My info was about the PC client.

Desktop App Mac Tech Support

The same thing started happening to me yesterday. I’m on Windows 11.

Short version, google for “battlenet download”. It should be the first hit. Select the “Download Battle.net for Windows and Mac” page to trigger the download.

After downloading it, run it (took a LONG time for me after it reached about 90%), once it completed, the problem was resolved.

3 Likes

for me my shortcuts won’t work and that message pops up and says “we’ve detected a newer version of battle.net than the one you’re attempting to launch. you may need to fix your shortcuts”. which I have tried to fix it but to no avail.

1 Like

Yeah this is what I did. Seems to have worked

im geting it to why why why

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.