Warzone 2 will not launch!

I’m having an issue with Warzone2 not launching. I’ve tried all the steps suggested in a similar thread but nothing has fixed it. All my drivers are up to date, Windows is up to date. I do not have any antivirus except windows defender which is off.

When I try to start Warzone 2, it’ll say “Playing Now” but it never comes up. If it does come up in the task manager it doesn’t stay there long. The whole described procedure will rbe repeated if I click on the play again. Since one week ago, I have this problem.

1 Like

Im having the same problem,so its not just me, hopefully we will get some response.

I am having the same issue,
I have also tried updating Bios etc. For the record.
I have tried Drivers, settings installed to different drives.
repaired the game more times than I have played it I am sure
what set up do you have? Ryzen or Intel?
Would be interesting if it is Ryz. I have a Ryz 5

I just found a fix. Take “launch as administrator” off. I did this in the directory it was installed on. Right click on the cod.exe and go into properties>compatibility. I am on win 11

1 Like

2 days ago warzone caldera was stuck “loading profile”, yesterday the same… so i ran warzone 2 and i could play just a game, then i went back to desktop and tried again warzone caldera… black screen on startup… so i tried to run again warzone 2 but even warzone 2 stopped to work, it showing only the loading screen since 2 days and than it is stuck. I have every time to kill the processes from task manager. I reinstalled battlened, cleaned the temp in %appdata% and all the bnet folders. I run games and bnet as administrator, flushed the dns… nothing worked. i can get access to these games. I m on windows 11, on b550 motherboard and 6900xt. Chipset drivers updated, gpu drivers cleaned and reinstalled the latest as clean install after cleaning the old files with the amd removal software

Scott, this thread is not related to your issue, this thread is about a permission issue between the blizzard app and specific game clients.

Limitations with Blizzard Support for Activision titles.
In regards to Activision, we only handle the distribution of the game client for Activision. We will assist with anything related to the desktop application and anything with the game client that involves purchasing, activating, downloading/installing and launching. Anything that occurs after you can press the play button is going to be addressed through the Activision support portal: Support Options | Activision Support

so please tell me how can communicate with them, cuz fron the link that you provided, follow their instruction i cannot explain the issue to anyone, i must always follow a path that ends providing some useless instruction… very helpfull… that’s a very bad service

2 Likes

Having the exact same issue and support is being useless. It’s infuriating

1 Like

Wow. If you are just a provider. Why on earth it is being launched on your application. You are ridicules. And for your information: Exactly this situation was happened for Overwatch which is your Game! Definitely it is your problem!

Hey, have you had any luck?? Nothing seems to be working on my end either…

** FIXED ** If all drivers are up to date and scan and repair didn’t work, and I’ve done everything, but this is the only thing that worked for me. Go to your Documents Folder and DELETE the Call of Duty Folder. There’s a file in there that’s corrupted which looks like your game is going to start and doesn’t. This FOLDER is not the game but the graphics settings and a couple of other things that you can reset once you game starts. Now once deleted, go and launch the game. it takes you to the very beginning of the intro movie etc. Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.