Warcraft III: Reforged, Betrayal!

I’m just going to be straight to the point. I have heard a lot of shady stuff about Blizzard Entertainment within the past few months, but I will not discuss most of it simply because I want to keep my BattleNet membership unbanned. I have been a user on this site for ten years now; and for the first time, I am disappointed.
What is this? Warcraft III: Reforged is unplayable. Every time I try to start the prologue or the human campaign, it always takes me to “Defeat”. Not only that, but you have decided to remove the custom campaigns feature. Now, I got the Reforged update for free, mainly because I already had Warcraft III stored in my BattleNet account. Reforged was just updated on top of it, but I do feel a great deal of sympathy to any of the fans who ended up wasting their money over a broken game, therefore a broken promise. How could you have done this? This is unacceptable. And no, no, no, do not say that you are going to fix it later. Fix it now! You have gone the Bethesda’s Todd Howard route of “it just works perfectly” and that you’ve released something broken that you’re going to “improve upon”. You should have already fixed it before releasing it. We waited for either two or three years for this remake to come out, and this is what we get? Do you realize how many of us gamers had trusted you? We wanted a final release, not another beta.
And don’t say that you’re sorry. We don’t want an apology. We want a better game.

36 Likes

Ok sure i don’t care if reforged is a flop. They are messing with the original game experience i want the old channels back where clan members can talk. WHY DID THEY FORCE US TO LISTEN TO DIFFERENT UNIT SOUNDS!!! it sounds wack. It feels a bit different everything. I don’t like the blizzard window opening up. I want the old icon where you click on it and it opens up the game. I didn’t buy reforged i didn’t sign up for these stupid changes. Everything i change my options in game it says are you sure you want to save. Such a dumb waste of time mid game when u got to get back to micro your stuff. Of coarse i am sure and want to save sound changes or gameplay changes in game. Save the are you sure questions for outside of game. Just useless changes that has made the game worse because these activision phoney’s think they are better then the original team. They poison everything they touch!

14 Likes

Is there a way to get a refund for this? I’m honestly incredibly disappointed and was happy at first that they extended dev time to fix some issues in the beta but a lot of the promises they gave didn’t come through. I feel like I paid 30$ for a different skin of the game with literally everything else being the same. At least for remastered games companies fix issues the games had that they couldn’t fix during the time but this just feels like a buggy mess where I was getting better performance during their beta!

14 Likes

Would be useful as i too am definitely considering a refund and as this is pretty sad.

9 Likes

que estafa blizzard jugue este juego hace mas de muchos años y salio siendo una basofia, devuelveme mi dinero es una porqueria

3 Likes

I have never posted anything on any forum but this reforged nonsense prompted me. Blizzard has betrayed its core user base once again!
When will blizzard learn that those kids who grew up playing WC3 are now adults! BUYING SHARES ON THE MARKET! We, the customer base are your share holders! And you are FAILING us share holders by continually releasing content that has no HOPE of being successful!
This morning I sold all my positions of ATVI, this company has taken so many second chances and in return spit in the face of it’s fans. ATVI will eventually die out to smaller, principled studies producing quality content. And if I could I would spit on the grave of this company that has so abused the good will of it’s users. Shame on those in positions of power within ATVI, may their future job search go poorly.

14 Likes

Flop? You mean Blizz straight up LIED about what they were doing here and collected everyone’s money anyway without putting anything they promised into it, and has LESS features than the original WC3. This is disgusting and unacceptable.

8 Likes

I havent been able to play as downloading the game has broken everything for me. What is the game lacking… etc? Serious question.

2 Likes

This game is a total MESS!

6 Likes

I will be only using WC3Connect from now on. Battle net is dead to me.

1 Like

I’ve been playing Warcraft for well over 20 years now. I’ve gotten every WoW expansion on first day. I heard this went live and immediately purchased it. The Blizzard of my youth no longer exists. This is a scam, a total scam. They promised us hours of new cutscenes and delivered a few minutes worth. The borked the original client and this new one appears to be a dumpster fire. Honestly Blizz, why should I keep supporting you? I want an answer. We, your loyal customers deserve an answer. What in God’s name are you doing?

9 Likes

É a primeira vez que compro um jogo e ganho outro, literalmente outro. Na verdade sinto que paguei por um mod “melhorado” e suporte ao meu idioma para jogar a campanha embora com bugs que atrapalham bastante.
Não comprei um jogo; comprei um trabalho de tradução.
Agora pra quem não fala português e não precisa deste idioma; pagou para a empresa tirar o jogo de vocês no que se diz questão ao multiplayer e a customização de mapas. Pra mim já não tenho isso, pois sem server brasileiro eu não me aventuro a jogar online com 200ms
Eu ganhei a campanha dublada e perdi um monte de coisas. Você não ganharam nada e todos nós fomos até o momento tratados como palhaços já que a empresa até o momento sequer se pronunciou como se já tivessem entregado exatamente oque havia mostrado e afirmado que entregaria.
Vindo da Blizzard isso é triste e mostra que nenhuma empresa está livre de perder sua imagem, não importa o quão grande ela seja.

1 Like

What have you done Blizzard!!! you lied to all of us. You just stabbed one of the greatest games you ever made in the back and then Preceded to spit on it. This is absolutely Lazy work. Postponing the launch, claiming you wanted to maintain the high standards you are held to. You maintained NOTHING!. Zero passion was put into this.
NO cinematics ( YOU LIED)
NO Custom Campaign
5V5 and above Custom games are gone!!
Removed Original Game Features
Missing 75% and above of all the Original playable MAPS
We TRUSTED YOU with this REMASTER and you FAILED

6 Likes

I’ve played WoW for more than 6 years, I’ve played Warcraft 3, Diablo 1, 2 and 3, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm.
All of these games have gotten considerably worse after a certain period of time due to Sheer laziness of the development team and the sheer wish to monopolize every bit of every pay check from all of your players.

I am deleting all of your games and any games that your trash half-baked consumer hell company may release.

I’ve got a feeling that others will do the same too.

@Blizzard, Suck my dick.

5 Likes

This. It so sad Blizzard is completely ignoring their players and does not respond.

2 Likes

This is the Solution for the time being imo:

For me Reforged has worked, but sounds don’t work as they should. When you click a unit, it takes about a second to actually play it. This is bad. And worse, some sounds stop playing altogether, mainly unit selection sounds! Quick fix here, Blizzard! I’m starting to lose faith in you!

I love how the only thing they reforged were the visuals. Kind of…
When a brand new game comes out and plays worse than the original that was made 2002!!!
Other than the obvious performance issues, the fact that if i want some hotkeys changed i have to go into some specific folder and type code is disgraceful!!!
How hard is it to release a game that works and looks like someone actually cared about its development. Apparently too hard for Blizzard.

1 Like

Actually i’m very happy with this game because I DIDNT BUY IT. Blizzard already “tricked” a lots of players with his “game of the year” Modern warfare, and refused to refund this broken game even if it’s illegal, Can’t wait for more backfire. You treat people like s.hit, now you got what you deserve Blizzard. BTW you got some nice reviews on Metacritics, 0.5 users score. The talented guys were with Blizzard North.

4 Likes

The original game of W3 was a milestone, the best videogame that was done, but this reforged is a real scam, in the first place as it is just a remastered and from there it is already a hoax, there are no new campaigns to explain and to better connect the lore, there are no new and better cinematics, everything that we were excited about was left in nothing, nothing has been modified or improved in those aspects, everything that was promised in the blizzcom 2018 as a remake, only stayed in a remastering, and a very expensive one, if we compare with remastered starcraft.

So I particularly requested my refund, because I feel cheated, this being a remastered version and there is nothing they promised

3 Likes