Warcraft 3 , the original one, doesn't work anymore

IT’s frustrating that my old versions , the original versions, the ones I had to buy CDs for , no longer work, and it looks like i’m forced to buy the new version, just to be able to play the ones I have already been playing with , for years.

is this accurate ? are my previously bought games, now garbage ? am i forced to have to buy the most recent one ?

I downloaded some patch thing, but it’s not connected to battlenet so I can’t see any of my previous acheivments.

I came here with the same complaint. Why can I no longer play a game that I paid for years ago? Are we getting a refund for the original game?

Hey there,

Warcraft 3 can still be played with classic graphics as long as you register your CD keys to your Battle.net account.

With the release of patch 1.32 the game has moved from the old Battle.net to the new Battle.net 2.0 platform, which means a few things:

1. The game installation and patching is now done through the Battle.net desktop app

2. Instead of registering your CD keys during the game install process, the game client now checks to see if you have CD keys tied to the Battle.net account you’re logged into the app with. If you do not have at least a Reign of Chaos CD key tied to your Battle.net account you would get “There was an error handling the request” when launching the game.

3. It is not necessary to purchase Reforged in order to play. You are still able to play Warcraft 3 classic, as long as you still have your CD keys from the physical box, or have the digital purchase on your account. You would just use the new 1.32 client through the Battle.net app to play.

4. If you regularly played on Battle.net in patch 1.31, make sure to link your original Warcraft 3 account from old Battle.net to your new account in the 1.32 client (in the Options menu via the Link Account button at the bottom). This will make sure all of your stats from the old system will carry over to the new system.

Hopefully those points help clear things up!

I registered my old CD keys, and the game STILL DOES NOT WORK… I would like a refund of my original purchase price, you people completely RUINED & DESTROYED WarCraft 3. I would like a refund. I’m done with blizzard. You guys should be SERIOUSLY embarrassed.

2 Likes

Thank you, it did work. However, other than coming here and asking on the tech forum, there was no way that anyone would know how to reactivate the original game.

Secondly, is there no longer an option play single player matches vs AI? I’m not talking about the single player campaign, I mean individual matches vs the computer. If there is, I can’t figure it out.