Warcraft 2 remastered?

Any plans for Warcraft 2 remastered version Blizzard?

4 Likes

WC II Battle Chest MUST be the next one!

1 Like

Better yet Warcraft Orcs vs Humans remastered!

5 Likes

Warcraft 1 remastered please Blizzard, and don’t screw it up this time!

1 Like

I would love to see Orcs and Humans remastered. It could really use it, if for nothing more than giving us controls more aligned with Starcraft/Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition.

1 Like

why not do both Wc1 and Wc2 remastered under the same roof :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Actually nvm, Blizzard is probably going to screw up those remasters too…

Seeing that Bliz already contracted GoG.com to update both WC1 and 2, it’s not likely Bliz is going to do anything with them in the future. (Same for Diablo 1.)

There is no reason why Blizzard cannot make a newer updated version of Warcraft 2; even though, the original BNE version is available on GoG. There are still many people who want to play Warcraft 2 BNE; however, we would like some help from Blizzard to allow us to return to our favorite game from our childhood (Warcraft 2). I made a new post regarding possible updates that would be beneficial for Warcraft 2 BNE (for multiplayer, which is really outstanding in War2). I think it would be really amazing if Blizzard actually decided to come back to this favorite classic. It is not a hard remaster, and it is going to make a lot of people really happy :)))

2 Likes

+1

This man is right look at reforged, I am willing to pay another 40 dollars, each, for both 1 and 2 remastered on the same port of WC3 REFORGE. This way we can continue the work on getting coop on WC3 RF while expanding the over all content in both solo offline and multiplayer online, honestly don’t think we will need a ladder for wc1 and 2 but that is up to us as a community to decide that.

Agreed. But we definitely want matching ladder for Warcraft 2, similar to the remastered Broodwar ladder. Many of us consider Warcraft 2 as one of the greatest multiplayer RTS ever made.

2 Likes

@Leviathan

Blizzard could learn from Microsoft on how to build up on it’s legacy. Have a look at Age of empire 2 DE 's success and brand.

Hint: Start by hiring developpers and decision makers that actually love / play the old game and that see the value in it. And by that I mean people that love the strategy game that is Warcraft 2 and that don’t look at the game through the prism of it’s sequels.

Warcraft 2 never was the most interesting single player experience, the story is simple good vs bad nothing crazy about it. So if that is all you are looking for, then you are missing on everything.

Start paying attention to the multiplayer side of the game, it is incredible, have a look at people streaming it Youtube/Twitch. See for yourself how interesting it gets and how deep and interesting a simple game like that can be when it comes to the management of the board grid / space.

Hire people that see the value of your legacy not people that say it is “probably not fun anymore” and you may have remasters that actually bring you both money and the love of your fans back to you…

1 Like

I really hope so. Warcraft 2 is the greatest RTS ever made.

5 Likes

And no other game ever featured such an interesting space/grid management with that much terrain manipulation ever since.

I believe if Warcraft 2 finally gets the attention it deserves and gets a little push it will blow so many milenial’s minds it would have some incredible coverage!
Especially once people that were so used to showcase it as a lesser Warcraft 3 start to understand and see the Grid and the multiplayer the way we do…

1 Like

I agree they should remaster WC1 & WC2 in a 3d gameplay version instead of 2d version with better and remade cintamatics, for example wow expasion intro cintamatics.

Have we heard anything about them doing a remaster of WC2? im tired of searching the internet to get from a 3rd party… Doesnt matter if its 2d or 3d

I SURE HOPE SO im tired of waiting and i dont have a cd drive to just buy the disk

Finally solved WC2.

The Elven Series

22 → 99 → 20 → 99

121 → ??? → 119 → 124

solved with SGH i747 GSM signal strength hysterisis and WLX-A9T travel charger. …

That is my sincere wish. The real-time strategy game Warcraft 2 is without peer.

As far as I know, Blizzard hasn’t officially announced any plans for a remastered version of Warcraft 2. However, many fans of the Warcraft series have been eagerly waiting for a remastered edition, so it would be awesome if Blizzard considers it in the future. Fingers crossed!