Uninstaller for Destiny 2

Hello,

please provide an uninstaller for Destiny 2, as there is no possibility to uninstall it now because it is no longer in the Battle.net App. Thank you.

4 Likes

AND DON’T REFER US TO MICROSOFT. BLIZZARD YOU GUYS HAVE GONE DOWN HILL IN A HORRIBLE WAY. WHAT WE USED TO CONSIDER ONE OF THE BEST DEV STUDIOS OUT THERE IS A CASH GRAB JOKE NOW. YOU OFFERED SUPPORT FOR DESTINY 2 NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST THE UNINSTALLER AVAILABLE. YOU GUYS ARE STRAIGHT UP CLOWNS. I WOULDN’T BE SO OBNOXIOUS BUT I’VE ALREADY SEEN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSES IN THE FORUMNS. ALSO BODY IS UNCLEAR TO POST SOMETHING ON THE FORUMN LMFAO.[quote=“HanSolo-21256, post:1, topic:4791, full:true”]
Hello,

please provide an uninstaller for Destiny 2, as there is no possibility to uninstall it now because it is no longer in the Battle.net App. Thank you.
[/quote]

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
Forum Code of Conduct - Blizzard Support

1 Like

microsoft ? they refer you to steam .you clown

In a number of other threads, former Destiny 2 users were directed to Microsoft support resources for the removal of the “phantom installation” (left behind App list entry, registry keys, etc.) that occurs when manually removing the game data folder, hence this request for a proper uninstaller.

No one has been directed to Steam for assistance, and your childish name-calling is neither warranted, nor helpful. Perhaps give more time to ensuring you have the proper context before choosing to participate.

1 Like

I whole heartedly agree, having some sort of an automatic uninstaller that doesn’t have me hunting down the Product key that you issued to me would be great.

MARASOVQUEEN, you’re an idiot. Yes, this is absolutely needed. It’s ridiculous that Blizzard chose to leave the game, as installed by their software, in this broken state. The Battle.Net client still even recognizes the game exists when it scans for games. How much effort would it really have taken to have the client able to properly handle uninstall requests?

1 Like

I have no intention of buying any future Activision/Blizzard games if they won’t even provide the ability to uninstall them later. This is absurd. As stated above, customer service refers people to Microsoft, as if it is a Windows problem that their installation of the game was not removed properly.

They allude to the fact that “this happens with other software, too”. Yes, other software that didn’t provide a true uninstall option because their coders were lazy, incompetent, or both. That’s like arguing “well, other software sometimes causes Windows to crash, so go complain to Microsoft about our game not running.”

Glad I sold my “ATVI” stock 2 years ago.