Unfixable BLZBNTBNA00000005

Hi,

I can’t seem to get Battle.net installed. I’ve uninstalled because of error BLZBNTBNA00000005. I’ve tried restarting, ipconfig release, renew and flush. I’ve tried a new admin account. I’ve reset firewall, and defaulted the settings. I’ve used 3rd party uninstallers to remove registry traces of battle.net aswell. I’ve followed all troubleshooting both from clicking the link, and in these forums. I’ve switched to the beta to try and fit the issue as well. I’ve also tried a mobile hotspot. Interestingly enough, when i do the ipconfig /release then renew, i can actually enter battle.net, but i cant do anything else. I would appreciate help with this, as its been going on since march.

Hey, Paperbaggie! Thank you for the details on the issue. This can be caused by a few things like the WMI repository not functioning correctly, connection, or harddrive/corruption issues.

Based on the flush DNS step somewhat working, it sounds like the system’s network may be something we’ll want to look into. Could you try the following steps?

• Reset the WMI Repository, just to be safe.

• Close background Applications.

• If on Windows 10, try resetting the network settings:

1. Click on the Start Menu
    2. Select on the Settings :gear: option.
    3. In the Windows Settings, click on “Network & Internet”
    4. Near the bottom of the new window, click on “Network Reset”

Try again, and if it persists, try rebooting to help with the changes made from the Network Reset.

Are you running into or stuck in the middle of the installation after uninstalling, such as “updating blizzard agent” or “downloading new files?”

If the problem continues, could you provide a DxDiag file to check first? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)