Unable to open ticket

Hello. I am trying to open a tech support ticket, however I am getting the following problem: “The submission included an invalid file type”

The uploaded files are only of .jpg type.

Hi,

Most Tech Support tickets I am familiar with require that you provide your system configuration files (DxDiag & MsInfo) and, in the case of connection issues, a trace route file. These are text files… files with a TXT extension.

Can you provide the URL of the ticket form you are trying to fill in ?

I see. I was saving them in paint as jpg files. Jpg files should be accepted (it is mentioned in the acceptable file formats).

Also- it seems that I am unable to include links in the post. I tried uploading a print of the ticket but I cant share the link.

Hi,

The traceroute might be acceptable as a JPG, since that file is normally small… but the link provided in the ticket shows how to create a text file.

The DxDiag and MSInfo are quite a bit longer… several hundred lines or more. I’m pretty sure that the ticket expects those to be in text format. The JPG format should be used only for screenshots… of the error message, for example.

Yes, the new forums do not allow posting of links to external sites unless you have reached what is now called a trust level of “regular”. The workaround is to convert the link to preformatted text, by:

• putting in the link in your post as you would normally,
  • highlighting the entire link,
  • clicking on the </> on the formatting bar at the top of the composition window.

The converted link is displayed in white over a grayish background, like so: https://this.is.not.a.real.url.com ; the link cannot be clicked to access it but we can copy-paste it in our browser.