Unable to install or update any Blizzard games

This started out as an update issue for Classic, then spiraled into a reinstall and can’t install any Blizzard games. I can update Origin, Steam games, and Epic games. I am not able to even get to the point of choosing my location to install to.

I keep getting a loading / spinning blizzard icon in the bottom right of the screen.

I have wiped my computer back to factory, updated the computers security, added all the drivers for video card 1070, along with disabling the firewall. Even went one step further and added the port forwards to the following:
World of Warcraft = 3724
Diablo = 4000
Battlenet = 6112 thru 6119

I reset my modem to factory reset and turned off all devices in the home.

I tried running the installer as Administrator.

I have tried deleting the " ProgramData \ battle (dot) net" folder that shows up in there.

I have set my computer into DMZ mode with my router to make sure all ports are open.

A week ago I had no issues with the install of Classic or updates to Overwatch, and I have not upgraded or added anything to my network. I have not added any other devices. I could really use some help in resolving this? Thank you to anyone that can help.

I could really use some help in resolving this? Thank you to anyone that can help.

Hey, Kraix! This sounds like one of the issues we’re tracking for Comcast. If you could include the requested information on this post!

I would like to and have done so, but not sure on who to send the trace to? Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow links and each hop is a link. i can give it to you as https:// pastebin (dot) com/f4S1jLdF if that helps?

I left out the first two hops as a way to mask myself from attacks. :slight_smile:

I’m having the exact same problem. Classic wasn’t downloading updates (Sat at 0B/s) so I decided to remove my firewall, add proxy’s and uninstall/re-install. This was all on my mobile hotspot with Verizon and occasional through WiFi at truck stops (I’m a truck driver so I move about). Now I’m at the point where I can’t access battle.net on wifi (Still works on my hotspot) and the launcher doesn’t want to cooperate at all (on both wifi and hotspot). Every other launcher I have works fine, so it’s a battle.net problem and it’s annoying because it’s wasting the time I paid for to play WoW.

I am hoping there is some headway on this as I haven’t really been able to play since posting as I can’t install the game. I reported it to my provider and am awaiting some sort of help, one way or another.

:frowning:

Thanks, Kraix! I went ahead and added the traceroute to our tracking!

Going to go ahead and lock this thread to focus the reports on the thread I linked earlier.