Unable to connect to Diablo 2 or Warcraft 3 Battle.net

I’ve been unable to connect to both Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 battle.net servers for a month since I tried to play them again.

Tech support said my IP is restricted but won’t tell me why.

I have the same problem here.
I logged into battle.net yesterday but could not join a single game after downloading the map (it got stuck all of a sudden).
Today I tried connecting and got the temporarily banned notification “‘temporarily restricted from the server’ error (3.46)” which I also get on other battle.net servers. I own this game for over 10 years now and im disappointed right now…

Howdy!

We cover why restrictions can occur Here. If you have any feedback about the penalty system make sure to post it on the Diablo II General forums.

Thank you!

None of those restrictions apply to me. I have the CD-keys on my battle.net account. I use no 3rd party tools, vpns, or anything. I also haven’t been on the game in several years.
On Diablo 2 it doesn’t say I’m being temp restricted. it says “You have been disconnected from Battle Net. Please try again.”

Hey there Razernok,

I noticed the forum post is submitted from a business network. This is likely the cause of the issue. Business networks are prohibited for the same reason as VPNs since they are frequently abused for nefarious means.

Hope this info helps!

I’m on a internet connection issued by my apartment complex and is required as a part of our lease. There is no way around it.

Sorry for necro’ing this thread. But I googled my issue, and it’s identical: I live in an apartment complex, and I can’t connect to WC3 or D2 bnets. Likely considered a ‘business’, but as the other user I have no way around it. What are we supposed to do in this circumstance?

Hello guys,

I am having the same issue. Cannot connect to Battle.net with my Diablo 2. Please, could you give me any advice? How should I check my IP address, what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, it is april 2020 and I just bought Diablo 2 + the expansion. Guess what, I can not connect to Battle.net. I am at work now but I opened a ticked yesterday. Still no answer. I forwarded ports 4000 and 6112, I allowed the game through my Firewall, I have no vpn, at home I am on a private home network, I am not banned so it is something screwy on Blizzard’s end. Have you guys resolved the issue or should I just refund the game?

1 Like