Still have old battle.net launcher in NA

My fiancé who I live with has had the new launcher show up for his battle.net, meanwhile mine has not changed. I even did a force update to latest edition, and it is still the old brown launcher. What can I do to get the new launcher without having to resort to using the beta?

Thanks

I’m running into the opposite problem, I upgraded my hardware and did a new install of windows, after re-installing the battle.net app, I have the new version. I strongly dislike the new version due to the inability to pop out the friends list. I would love the option to go back to the old version.

17 Likes

Same, no new version for me in NA. I’m still using the beta just to use the new launcher. I can’t go back to the old one with all of the Activision crap all over it.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess that’s what I’m gonna have to do as well, because I re-installed battle.net and its just back to the ugly brown. What a pain.

Hey all,

The new version is being rolled out slowly over time. It will be a few weeks before it’s fully distributed. The only way to get it earlier is to change over to the Beta.

Mine upgraded to the new launcher the other day, then it rolled back. I like the new look, and the old version didn’t play well with my graphics card (it’s a long story). Maybe I’ll swap over to the beta.

You don’t want it anyway. Its battlenets version of the league of legends client.

It sucks.

If adults ran this company I could use words to describe it. But it, apparently, hurts their baby boy feelings.

8 Likes

Your opinions are about the BDA are fine, Forhekset, but leave people to form their own without pushing yours onto them.

And as as for your “adult” behavior gibe, what makes you think feelings are being hurt? Apparently, you are referencing an official Bliz reply lamenting all the negative feedback?

1 Like

You can have an opinion just keep it to yourself? What’s the point of having a forum if we can’t share our opinions? This might be the dumbest thing I’ve seen said in these forums and that’s saying something. One day the lack of customer service, poorly designed changes and complete disregard of the player base will be enough to actually get us to a point where we can walk away from our dopamine fix.

3 Likes

I’m not a Bliz employee. I didn’t have any involvement in the new launcher’s development. I couldn’t care less what people think about it. There’s no feelings to hurt here.

You and GaryOak/Forhekset seemed to have taken what I said and spun it into something it’s not.

Of course you can have and express opinions. I even open my reply with that exact sentiment. However, statements like “You don’t want it” is forcing one’s opinion on another. And thus, my reply which only said to let people decide what they want on their own, to let them form their own opinions.

1 Like

Actually you said having an opinion was fine, you never expressly said that sharing it was okay and since you told him not to push his on people it sounds like you’re telling them that sharing it is in fact not okay. Furthermore, it’s more of a warning than an opinion share anyway since there is no way to go back to the old launcher once you’re hit with the monstrosity that is the new launcher. If we could decide between the two for ourselves then your point would be more poignant.

1 Like

I assumed that since I was referring to an already expressed opinion, it would be implied that I meant expressing opinions is fine. If it didn’t come through that way, that’s on me.

Warnings can come as negtive feedback, opinions, criticisms, etc, without telling other people what they do and don’t want.

I just got the new version off the launcher and i have to say its a very BIIG step back from the old one! crazy how you managed to do it like that

6 Likes

consider yourself lucky, it sucks.

5 Likes

Bro, at this point I would pay $18 a month just to get the old launcher back.

8 Likes

Leviathan433 posts
MVP - Technical Support
25d
Your opinions are about the BDA are fine, Forhekset, but leave people to form their own without pushing yours onto them.
And as as for your “adult” behavior gibe, what makes you think feelings are being hurt? Apparently, you are referencing an official Bliz reply lamenting all the negative feedback?

The new layout is poop.

How do i detach the fren list so it isnt coupled with ads?

1 Like

Unfortunately, they didn’t include that ability in the new launcher. But you’re definitely not alone in wanting it back. I liked it too.

This is a cop-out. Since that’s what they said when it started rolling out, well over a few weeks ago.

These slow roll-outs are pathetic. I hate them on Android, and this is no better.

And the sad thing is that the solution is extremely simple. Keep it in beta until it’s ready, and then push it out wide. Stop with this soft-release BS.

1 Like

I’m not following, sweenish182. It’s certainly no “cop out” to release something piece meal as a precaution.

If there had been a catastrophic issue, it’s makes far more sense to have it only affect a percentage of the clientbase instead of taking down the entirety of Battlenet in one swoop.

Your post that I replied to was a cop-out. Regurgitating their already weeks old line about taking a few weeks. WE ALL KNOW THEY SAID A FEW WEEKS. That was more than a few weeks ago. Regurgitating the line was pointless.

If there had been a catastrophic issue, their testing needs to be fixed and it should have never gone GA, not even phased. You’re either purposefully ignoring my suggested solution, one that MANY companies employ, or honestly I don’t know what the alternative is. Shilling? Astroturfing?

Apple doesn’t have to do this. My company doesn’t have to do this. Lots of companies don’t have to do this. Because they are capable of testing their software adequately. Apparently Blizzard is not.

1 Like