Steam and Battlenet conflicts

If I have the battlenet app open and start a game through steam it will cause my internet to crash. I was just downloading D2 and wanted to play a game while it was going. I started up Space Engine, through steam, and it was fine at first. Space Engine doesn’t use internet. I went to check on the D2 download and noticed it stopped. It said there was no connection. I checked my connection and it had stopped. I use a wireless adapter for internet, cant use an ethernet cable, and it wouldn’t even look for wireless signals. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. It connected so I went back to Space Engine. Shortly after it disconnected again and wouldn’t find a wireless signal. When I have battlenet or steam running on their own I have no problems. This happens every time I have them both open. I have them set up where they’ll still download even if I’m playing a game. The apps just don’t like each other for some reason. Is there something I can do on my end? I’m using a Netgear wireless adapter through a USB 3.0 slot. I have perfect reception, so no issues there. I have used both 2ghz and 5ghz, it happens with both. I’d like to be able to play games while I’m waiting for a long download, it kind of sucks I cant do much of anything while I wait. This also happens both ways, if I’m downloading through steam and play a blizzard game I’ll loose connection the same way.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.