Starlink ip restricted uswest d2

the problem was fixed by getting a new ip

The CD keys in use is usually because the server hasn’t dropped your last game because of a sudden disconnect. It resets itself eventually.

Your next login failed because of a possible restriction. They are caused by several things.

Your Starlink connection might be seen by the server as a business IP address which is forbidden on classic Diablo 2 servers. (I’m assuming you are playing classic, not the new version.)

You can also be restricted when using a VPN. You can see a full listing here:

In addition, you can submit a ticket to support for assistance. They can see the cause of it usually.

The SUPPORT link is at the top of this page on the right side next to your name.

thanks but i have played d2 for 22 years…

I am well aware of aware of business ip addresses. if you connect to bnet on that type of isp it will instantly ip restrict, you wont even get to log into your account, i played for a few days so that is not the case.

the cdkeys did disconnect but sometimes you have to remain offline up to 24 hours for the server to disconnect it, same thing can happen with characters that are stuck in game but your out of game so you cant make games on that char.

i am well aware of vpns/proxies that is not the issue here.

ill need to wait for a mod to review my ip or maybe it will solve itself in 48 hours if not ill face 14 to 30 days of restriction.

Sounds fine. Note that mods here have limited information about your account. Submitting a ticket is a good idea too.

Hope you find a solution soon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.