So staff just do whatever they want cuz TOS says thats cool?

So I’ve been enduring nothing but endless abuse from staff here in forms and help desk and I’m legitimately at the point where I’m willing to give up on blizzard as a company due to how badly the staff are treating me.

To claim “We can do whatever we want cuz the tos says, so you should be okay with this level of abuse cuz the tos allows us to abuse you like this” is not solving anything to tell me that you’ve made a rule for yourselves to allow you to abuse players.

The fact that I was told by help desk to talk about this in this forum, than the forum staff troll me and close my post is honestly all the proof I need that this is a giant circle jerk and “helping me” was never the intention, but rather the intention was to get me to stop asking questions and just accept that I’m being punished for no reason and that the staff think thats perfectly acceptable cuz TOS says they can do it for whatever reason they want.
forums.blizzard/en/blizzard/t/we-can-do-whatever-we-want-for-any-reason/16946/13

""Hello again [PII edited by Blizzard]

Sorry to hear this is still going on. Your frustration is completely understandable and very clearly communicated.

Your IP is still banned; and every time you try to log in during the ban it triggers an extension of the IP ban; your ticket was submitted 2021-06-22 23:57:22 and your IP ban was most recently further extended 06/23/2021 03:26:26, to 07/07/2021 03:26:26.

As we previously said, we cannot remove this IP restriction. We don’t have new suggestions on how to bypass the IP restriction, and we don’t have any insight we can share on the specific cause of the ban, because Diablo 2 is currently running on a legacy account administration system from an era in which support standards were considerably different from the expectations players have today.

Diablo 2 will be migrating entirely to the modern Battle.net system very soon, and you won’t have these problems, but for the moment I’m sorry, but there’s nothing we can do about this.

[PII edited by Blizzard]
Blizzard Entertainment Europe""

This is not okay.

" In reality, only those trip the system due to prohibited behaviors are hit with the restriction.

As for my opinion, it’s far better to have server security and stability measures in place than to not have them.”

This is NOT okay to suggest that its fine I endure 2 months of grief purely cuz staff in this forum think thats a better alternative than letting me play the game.

“Additionally, our Terms of Service dictate that access can be restricted for any reason. You can read that here:”

This is NOT okay to tell me that cuz the TOS says they can do whatever they want, that they are going to ignore my ongoing grief and requests for help cuz they are not obligated to help me due to putting in TOS they can do whatever they want.

Why staff think this is acceptable is beyond me. Why staff think this solves my issue is beyond me. Why staff think this isn’t abuse cuz they put in TOS that its okay to abuse customer is beyond me.

Shame on the staff of this forum and the entire help desk for continuing this level of grief on this community and attempting to justify it instead of doing something about it; you are the problem and I hope this company goes bankrupt due to this level of incompetence.

I just wanted to play diablo 2 and get ready for reserected but with how you guys screwed up diablo 3 to the point where barbs where useless and couldnt get past the last difficulty for the first half year made it so I quit playing diablo 3 cuz I played barbs… the whole auction house thing too was a mess… but I’m supposd to have faith your gona do a good job with diablo 2 when you handled diablo 3 so badly and you’ve been incompetent enough as a company to be unable to solve my issues in 2 months?

I’ve never had less faith in a company before.

1 Like

This has been a headache for many many players since the restrictions were put in place back in 2017. Your frustration is understandable.

It boils down to VPN usage and/or business class internet, either of which will get you a two week restriction. It was a measure put in place to fend off game bots and advertisement spam bots back in 2017 in order to keep the game playable. Blizzard was backed into a corner with this problem. The solution of restricting for VPN and business ISP was a ‘lesser of two evils’ and ‘the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few’ kind of decision, and it was very effective at solving the problem. Unfortunately it did come with an unavoidable drawback of legitimate players sometimes getting caught in this frustrating trap.

Since you say that you know you don’t have any VPN services active on your system, it must be due to your connection being registered as a business class connection. If you’ve tried and failed to reach a solution with your ISP, I recommend a test: Don’t try and connect again to avoid resetting the duration. Wait until after the time period lapses, call up a buddy or a family member who has a different internet provider than you, and ask if you can bring your system over to test and see if Diablo 2 plays fine there without any problems.

If you have no problems playing on a different residential connection, then the only recommendation I have is that you need to switch internet providers, if possible.

Note: These problems will not exist with Diablo 2:Resurrected. September 23rd is right around the corner.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Hi Zoilus,

I get your upset about the situation but posting and ticketing in repeatedly over this isn’t going to change the end result. As others have explained, support cannot help remove these bans. It’s due to the old battle.net system, which support cannot change.

Multiple suggestions and possible reasons have been given for it and in the worst case it could be a false positive that’s being triggered. In either case, again, we cannot help remove the ban on the account. I strongly recommend reading through what Ironthorne said to help try avoid this ban again.

As an answer has been given on the previous thread I’ll be closing this one out as well.

2 Likes