ShawnEllis - Uninstall Issues

I’ve tried everything youve just explained. still no resolve and im getting extremely annoyed. 2 days on this now.

The launcher will not let me uninstall wow in anyway way. ive tried uninstalling the launcher over a dozen times. still nothing.

ShawnEllis,

What code are you getting when you try to uninstall the game? If you manually navigate to the place you installed it, do you still see the folder? If not, the game has already been uninstalled and you should be fine to reinstall it. Keep in mind the “Apps and Features” menu sometimes doesn’t detect that a game is uninstalled if it wasn’t uninstalled correctly. (Because there are still registry entries for it due to the improper uninstall.)

If that’s not helpful, just reply back with whatever codes you’re getting and what you’ve tried to troubleshoot this thus far and we’ll see what else we can suggest.

I tried all the options you listed. It did make sense and I appreciate the detailed instructions, but it didn’t help. For me this all started when WoW-retail (with Shadowlands installed) crashed hard. BTW: you guys don’t fool around when you crash, it’s hard and locked up Windows) I tried to uninstall/reinstall, and all your suggestions, and nothing helped. It would error out at different stages of re-installing. What finally worked, was installing to a different location. I created a World of Warcraft2 directory and installed into that, and it worked. Repairs did not find any issues with the original install, but it didn’t work. I am guessing something in the Windows/system directory was corrupt and not included in the Repair process. Just a thought. I am back to having a working system.