Session expired, please try again

I’m trying to set up the Blizzard Authenticator app on my Android phone. I cannot proceed past the login screen, because it always comes back with “Session expired, please try again.” This has been on-going for many days, and I’ve been in touch with several GMs who all come with suggestions that have’t helped.

In case you need more information to help track this down, I’m using Android 8.1.0 on a Nexus 5 phone.

I attached “adb logcat” to get a debug log from the Authenticator app. I see several crashes and errors, that may or may not be relevant.

At startup, it throws several errors related to not being able to load the android.view.View$OnUnhandledKeyEventListener class.

When trying to log in, the webview/chromium component comes back with “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘getItem’ of null”, source: bneteu-a.akamaihdlogin/static/js/gdpr/cookie-consent-filter-compat.29RI2.js?v=58-1

This looks harmless enough (who cares about cooking warnings), and makes me suspect that the problem is on the server side that’s sending back the web page, not on the client app.

I would have pasted the log in full, but the forum throws a hissy fit about forbidden words and including links.

i assume you’ve never gotten this fixed right?

i’ve also been talking to several gm’s over the past month trying to solve this, to no avail.

i’ve found many people with this issue, yet no solution.

you’d think that when the google play store authenticator reviews are tanking maybe they’d look at the reviews to see what’s wrong? or maybe look at this forum for once? lol. i know what it’s like developing and maintaining apps, but how is there not a single person at blizzard available to fix this? maybe consider not firing all your employees blizzard? time to move blizzard down to the worst company i know… WAIT THEY’RE ALREADY THE WORST COMPANY I KNOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Try out the previous version from apk mirror

Greetings!

We are gathering information about affected users and their device details to assist in our investigation. Please see the this thread for details on how to help us resolve this issue.

– Kraiden