Scan and repair stuck in loop

I tried scan and repair world of warcraft classic today, but it got stuck in a loop and it says when it is finnished that something went wrong and then it starts the scan again. I tried deleting the idx-files, uninstall the battlenet launcher and the game but nothing works, it just start scanning the game when i launch the app. what can i do? Even when i re-installed the game it automatically goes to scan and repair mode. I can´t even exit the scan and repair, because then it says update (or install after i installed it) and when i click update it starts the scan and repair. Please help!

5 Likes

Same here, this started happening 2 days ago, my Battle.net launcher has been stuck in a loop trying to scan & repair my games at random.
It first started while I was playing retail WoW, while I was logged in my characters were gone from my character selection screen, I was unable to click on any buttons, I had to manually shut the game down, (The launcher was also behaving weird after this.) I clicked on scan & repair in case something was wrong with my client and since then this keeps happening and I can’t play any of my Blizzard games.

So far I have deleted the Battle.net Tools folder, reinstalled Battle.net, made a new user account with administrator rights on my PC but it’s still happening.

Anyone else who has this or can help us?

—UPDATE—
I was able to download a game through the launcher that was not installed currently, and it seems to work fine. Judging from this, it’s not connected to Firewall blocking Battle.net. Currently installed games are still stuck in scan & repair loop, with the play button replaced with Update.

1 Like

Update: I was able to fix it, by uninstalling everything again and removing all the wow-files from the computer (and re-starting the computer,) which i had not done before, i just uninstalled the game! but it works fine for now!

1 Like