Return to D2 Woes

Hello,
Having recently saw all of the great news about Diablo 2 Resurrected, I decided to re-install D2 again. It’s been one of my all time favorite games since it was first released in 2000, so I re-visit the game every so often for fun. I installed D2, updated it, but for some reason I couldn’t connect to battle.net. So I decided to install the LoD expansion, and do the same thing. I update it, and still I cannot connect to battle.net. I know the games updated successfully, but the game connects to battle.net east, then begins “Checking Versions,” then after a minute or so it states that “Battle.net is not responding, please try again in a few minutes.” No matter what I do, this keeps happening. So I then started to research the problem, and find that I might have been temporarily banned? I then do every step that the tech support page, and forums have stated I should do. I still have the same problem, so I can only conclude that I have been banned, or something? I simply don’t know what the hell is going on.

Now, other than the first five years after it came out I haven’t played the game very often, and when I did, it wasn’t very much. I’ve never cheated, or used any hack of any kind in an online video game ever in my life, and I will never do so. I find those gamers that use “bots” or whatever it is they use to cheat to be IMO lower than dirt. So I would appreciate it if someone would help me with this problem. Thank you.

Yup, absolute garbage and same problem here. Purchased and installed the game, could not connect and then was told my IP was banned for using a VPN, which I never use. Customer service marked the issue resolved and now I can’t play for at least two weeks apparently. I was connected from my home network which I use to play multiple other Blizzard titles without issue.

"After taking a look, it appears that the IP you were using to connect to the game was temporarily suspended and as a result, the CD key has also been suspended for 2 weeks.

This was likely due to using a VPN, hosting / cloud service or a business / enterprise connection, which can cause a temporary restriction.

As this penalty is an intended function by the Diablo 2 Admins, this isn’t something that be reduced or removed. You will need to wait for the suspension to be over and try again without any other programs running.

If this happens again without any VPN software etc then this may be due to something the ISP is doing, such as using a hosting / cloud service or a business / enterprise connection.

You would want to contact them to confirm and use an alternate network like a mobile hotspot going forward."