Rendering device has been lost! Application now closing!I try to close many things down all the time.At some point, it stopped giving me this issue after closing chrome and not using it at the same time as OW. However, these past 4 days my game has started to crash multiple times in the span of 2 minutes.I play overwatch daily for multiple hours a day; I love this game. However, it is very frustrating to crash every game or twice a game: I have stopped playing competitive. I have posted once already about this, however the post just disappeared on me. Thanks!
These errors can happen for several different reasons so it can take some time to pinpoint the problem. I would suggest trying the rest of the steps here. If this persists, let’s get a DxDiag:
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type DxDiag and press Enter.
- In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
- Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
- Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “preformated text” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.
It should look like this.
If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).
thank you for the help!
It seems like your drivers are pretty old. Let’s update your GPU drivers and see if that fixes it. If that doesn’t work it’s likely overheating. Grab hwmonitor and install it. Then, launch hwmonitor and play a game until it crashes. Once it does, check the “max” column of your test for CPU/GPU overheating. If those are getting too hot, clean the PC and take it to a PC tech if that doesn’t fix the overheating - that’d probably mean some of the heat hardware needs maintenance or replacement.
If you don’t see anything, let’s snag some screenshots:
- Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
- Scroll all the way up
- Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
- Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
- Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
- Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5. Save this as Test2.JPG
- Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.
If you have link errors, copy the code below, then copy/paste your link between two ` marks, it’ll break the link and let you post it. You can just copy paste everything in the box below and replace “Link goes here” with your link.
` Link goes here `