Recruit a friend is misleading and confusing

I wish I had read the forums and social media prior to trying to RAF . I tried to RAF who has never had an account with Blizz and was using the free game trial etc . I was under the impression from what I had read that we had the time that they were trying the game to RAF . From what we had read we were lead to believe that once your friend activated the sub you could use RAF so we waited a week to make sure they liked the game . I gifted them Shadowlands and they were paying for the sub on the same day I sent the RAF request and it was invalid so I told my friend to wait till I tried again once again it didn’t work so I put a ticket in and was finally told you have to activate this within 7 days , this was never made clear from the RAF information we read . It says Recruiters must have active game time to start the recruiting process. Recruits with new accounts must have a WoW account no older than seven day)
in that a free account is not considered (active game time) and you must have PAID time to be active to recruit a friend. My friend did not have an active account as they had not paid any sub yet so this is misleading and confusing … Blizz needs to make this part clearer and not conflicting or confusing . I get we were 2 days over the 7 days now but as stated above we thought my friends account wasn’t activated yet till they paid the sub … I doubt I will ever use RAF again and from what I have read on the Forums and social media a lot of people have had issues with this . Blizz need to fix it and reword the conditions better . The reps that responded to me via the ingame ticket were good they just couldn’t help me with this issue ,which is fair its not their fault .