Receiving messages twice on battle.net

When I’m messaging friends on the bnet desktop app without having any games open or anything I’m receiving two copies of their message. I tried restarting my PC, as well as logging in and out of battle.net. This has been happening for a day and there’s no real obvious cause for what started it. Any help?

Both my friend an I have the same problem. w/ both the chat not scrolling to the bottom and duplicated messages.

I know we both use the traditional smaller chat window instead of the ripped off discord format and this issue just started for us w/ the latest patch that happened a couple days ago.

Yep, that’s the same exact issue I’m having…using the social tab on the app might be a workaround for now though, I didn’t think of that, everything seems to be working there.

I am having this issue as well, its annoying started last night I thought it was just cause I just set a new computer up, but seeing this makes me realise its something else.

Same here.

A workaround is to close that chat window and reopen it.

Hi all!

Thank you for raising this issue, it was indeed a bug that we hotfixed with our latest Battle.net App patch 1.23.1.

~Let us know if you continue to experience this issue after updating and please continue to raise issues like these on the tech support forums!

i am having the dev error 5573 pop up and this is how i make a living now i cant even log into a game so im stuck please help