Realm down for 6 weeks

Can someone explain why i have been realm down for 6 weeks? Out of nowhere i got i am restricted from the realm. If i use my phone for a hotspot i am able to connect. I have/know how to change my ip but nothing changes. I have tried waiting it out but after 6 weeks and having some chars expire I am tired of continuing to wait

2 Likes

Sounds like you are using a business IP which is not allowed.
Also if you are using a VPN that will be a minimum 2 week ban for each time you try to login.

i have seen that around about business lines but i dont have a business ip i have had my fiber residential internet for 2 years and this is the first time this has happened and that seems to have been implemented months and months ago.

2 Likes

Someone please help this poor kid

2 Likes

Still waiting on a reply from tech support?!?! this is completely dumb and now when I have a friend sign into my account so it doesnt get deleted my account is realm down

2 Likes

Hey, BatTaughtYou! Sorry that this thread wasn’t responded to. We can’t guarantee a response on the forums and it’s strongly based on community interactions, but we do try our best to get to everyone. We go through this in a bit more detail on our welcome thread. If a response is needed, it’s best to contact our technical support team directly.

As for the issue, with the hotspot working, it does sound like there’s a network level issue blocking the realms on the home connection. Have you tried factory resetting the router/modem to test and checking on the firewalls/security settings? Could you provide a WinMTR test ? Run the test to your preferred gateway/realm until the problem occurs for 5 to 10 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

The funny thing about it is, Diablo 2 wants to start in east battle.net where I have no accounts. And when I take it west battle.net only then does it begin checking to see whether I have a valid version, And I hold at least 6 valid keys

1 Like

My connection is not a business connection and at the moment I’m seeing issues as well

1 Like