Questions about Programming

Hello, I am pretty sure this is not where this would go, but I am not sure where it would go. But I am currently in college going from a programming bachelors, and my dream is to be able to work for blizzard working on projects for the games I love. I wanted to possibly get in touch with a programmer or similar who would be willing to talk for a moment and provide information into the job. For example, what a day is like, what the job is like and similar things. I want my career in life to be something I enjoy, and while i enjoy what I have learned so far, I wanted to get more insight. I do not have time to job shadow someone local, nor do I think that would even be allowed. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

You just failed the “google it” part of a programmer’s life :grinning:

Just kidding, I used to have the same dream when I started playing wow. Here are some links that might interest you:

https://twitter.com/lifeatblizzard

If you don’t get an answer here try sending them a message or a tweet.

Good luck and don’t give up your dreams!

2 Likes

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

I forgot to add this, but you might also wanna join this unofficial discord for Blizzard API dev community. A lot of nice people over there!

I have always dreamed of working at Blizzard in my life. I appreciate all the information. :slight_smile: I am only halfway through my Sophomore year, but I like to look ahead and see what to expect. From what I have read from what you linked me, I am very excited to get this degree done so I can do what I enjoy. Fun fact, I kind of owe the Diablo franchise my life since my parents actually met on the first one! :rofl: Anyway I appreciate the information and I will definitely join the discord. Thank you!

Blizzcon videos are another good source of information, there are some developer panels and they say a lot of cool stuff.

There is a panel called “Life at Blizzard: Career & Culture Insights” and one called “CodeCraft: Exploring Blizzard Engineering”.

1 Like