Problems connecting to b.net east only

i can connect to uswest fine, but not useast, i have to attempt on average about 10 times to finally be able to connect to useast, it always hangs on finding the fastest server. it also hangs when i attempt to connect to starcraft2, it takes me multiple attempts to connect there to.

to expand, i use a cell phone as a modem to connect to the internet, there is no decent internet where i live so i do what i must in rural america. i dont think it uses any type of vpn to do so, so i dont think im temp banned. and it has been giving me this problem since the second time i tried to log in, about 10 minutes after installing the game, so i dont think its corrupted at all. no mods or anything, fresh install of a old game to get ready for the new remake coming out

ninja edit: i changed dns from 8.8.8.8 to opendns just to see, allowed me to connect. not sure if this is my 1 in 10 that it works or if it was a dns issue. a day later and im still able to connect first time twice today, maybe a issue with googles dns and battle.net? this has been happening for months on starcraft, so its long term.

since i am getting no reply, if you are having problems similar to mine and want to try to fix it lookup how to connect to opendns, maybe it will help maybe it wont.

3 Likes