Please help players get unbanned

Blizzard is hurting too many legitimate players in their efforts to combat bots. I understand bots are a problem, but if certain measures were put into place, we can allow the real players access without too much trouble.

Here are suggestions I hope Blizzard will consider:

Make an error message that informs the player they are being blocked. Currently, Battlenet just doesn’t work and there’s no indication why. We wasted a bunch of time checking things on our end that aren’t the issue (internet connections, restarting computer, etc).

Include the exact reason why we are locked out. Is it a VPN that I might have unknowingly enabled? Is my CD key in use by someone else? Have there been numerous logins from my IP address? How can I solve a problem when I don’t know what I’m trying to solve?

If we do get banned, please tell us the date that will get lifted. I keep reading that attempting to log back in while banned resets the clock. If I don’t know when the ban is lifted, how do I know when to try the next idea for troubleshooting the reason I’m banned? At this point, it feels like I can only try one new solution every two weeks. At this rate, it’s going to be a year until I can successfully log in.

In the current, no-feedback environment, a 2 week ban is a long time when there’s at least a dozen things I need to try solve this issue. Can we make the ban 2 days instead of 2 weeks? Or give me more chances to solve the problem before making the ban?

If Blizzard won’t put this error feedback into a message back to the user, at least allow Customer Support some way to find out. When my friend has contacted Blizzard, the answer we gets is: “We don’t know why you’re banned. We don’t know when the ban will end. We can’t manually intervene.”

Allow Customer Support to override the ban, if they believe a player is legit. There must be some way to put someone on a whitelist. Then Blizzard could still monitor that player for behavior that violates their rules.

Blizzard, my friends and I are not IT guys. We don’t know how to easily solve some of the issues causing us to be banned. We’re just some guys who want something to look forward to each week during a pandemic Winter. I suggested playing D2 because it’s a fun way to escape, but this has been more difficult than I expected.

Years ago, my brother ran a popular website devoted to D2, Angels of Hell. He respected the thought and quality that Blizzard put into everything they did. I think if he were around today, he’d be disappointed in the direction of things.

4 Likes

Blizzard is hurting too many legitimate players in their efforts to combat bots. I understand bots are a problem, but if certain measures were put into place, we can allow the real players access without too much trouble.

Here are suggestions I hope Blizzard will consider:

1. Make an error message that informs the player they are being blocked. Currently, Battlenet just doesn’t work and there’s no indication why. We wasted a bunch of time checking things on our end that aren’t the issue (internet connections, restarting computer, etc).

2. Include the exact reason why we are locked out. Is it a VPN that I might have unknowingly enabled? Is my CD key in use by someone else? Have there been numerous logins from my IP address? How can I solve a problem when I don’t know what I’m trying to solve?

3. If we do get banned, please tell us the date that will get lifted. I keep reading that attempting to log back in while banned resets the clock. If I don’t know when the ban is lifted, how do I know when to try the next idea for troubleshooting the reason I’m banned? At this point, it feels like I can only try one new solution every two weeks. At this rate, it’s going to be a year until I can successfully log in.

4. In the current, no-feedback environment, a 2 week ban is a long time when there’s at least a dozen things I need to try solve this issue. Can we make the ban 2 days instead of 2 weeks? Or give me more chances to solve the problem before making the ban?

5. If Blizzard won’t put this error feedback into a message back to the user, at least allow Customer Support some way to find out. When my friend has contacted Blizzard, the answer we gets is: “We don’t know why you’re banned. We don’t know when the ban will end. We can’t manually intervene.”

6. Allow Customer Support to override the ban, if they believe a player is legit. There must be some way to put someone on a whitelist. Then Blizzard could still monitor that player for behavior that violates their rules.

Blizzard, my friends and I are not IT guys. We don’t know how to easily solve some of the issues causing us to be banned. We’re just some guys who want something to look forward to each week during a pandemic Winter. I suggested playing D2 because it’s a fun way to escape, but this has been more difficult than I expected.

Years ago, my brother ran a popular website devoted to D2, Angels of Hell. He respected the thought and quality that Blizzard put into everything they did. I think if he were around today, he’d be disappointed in the direction of things.

4 Likes

Hey DirePants,

This would be better served in the Diablo 2 General Discussion forum. Developers don’t parse the Support forums for suggestions/feedback and the support teams don’t forward it on . Thus, leaving suggestions/feedback here is just lost to the void.

It only resets the timer if you attempt to log in again in the same way that got you restricted. For example, if you were restricted due to the use of a VPN, as long as you don’t attempt again with the VPN active, it will not reset the timer.

On a side note, understand that Diablo 2 ended development a long time ago and is about to be superseded a second time. It’s not too likely that Bliz is going do any more work on D2 ever again (unless they remaster it).

1 Like

Hi Leviathan,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll post it on that other forum. I do realize it’s a very old game, but is still for sale. I also would think changing how Battlenet gives feedback about log in errors might be independent of D2 code.

Thanks again

Hi Direpants! Do you happen to be HashTags220 as well? Because it’s great that you want to be unbanned from here but you stole my Activision/Call of Duty account. Please give me the account back. I’m an ICU nurse and this year has been awful and call of duty is one of my only outlets I have. I have sunk so much time and money into the game to have to start over because you hacked and stole my account is truly terrible. Could you please do the right thing and give it back?

rufusslim,

The Blizzard forums are not the place to call out or accuse others of stealing accounts. Blizzard does not provide technical or account management support for Activision games. If you have sufficient evidence that proves that someone stole/hacked your Activision/Call of Duty account or to simply try and get your account recovered, you will need to get in touch with Activision support for further assistance.

You can start by clicking here to go to Activision support.