Please focus your launcher on delivering a quality experience, and less a venue for advertising unrelated content.
What I want in a Launcher
- Quick & easy access to the games I want to play.
- Information immediately relevant to the games I want to play.
- Actions relevant to the games I want to play.
I understand the Launcher is a prime method of delivering other information to users, but the unrelated, repetitive ads are annoying.
- I’m willing to bear an ad about some unrelated game a time or two, but after that, it becomes annoying. It feels like nagging, and I gain a very negative bias at that point.
- If I were interested in said unrelated game, it’s highly likely I’m already tuned in some other way. It gets a bit spammy hearing about something over and over.
- Launcher remembering/tracking the content I access or ignore. This could lead to a better click-through rate, and a more streamlined experience.
- Options to select the source or types of contents I see on the launcher. That way I can tailor the experience to my own needs.