Delete theme please

Delete theme please. It is not actual

15 Likes

Same with Georgian Lari, way overpriced for a third world country. made 2 posts my self and both were ignored, saw numerous posts from Georgians and Ukrainians complaining about the new prices Turkey and Kazakhstan had something to say too but there case isn’t as bad as ours. Anyway non of the posts i follow got any type of response. only when i opened a ticket a gm recommended the forums(as you know it didn’t help).

Blizz is ignoring us as of now. they did say regularly prices revisions are don but that sounds like a lie or they just don’t know what financial sate Georgia or Ukraine are in. probably just added the new currency’s because of the war and just googled what the money is called and bashed there head on a number pad for prices. We can try getting this out to the community for some help to get attention.

oh and i would like to say that i have to pay +50% more for games if I’m logged into my account, like what??? how does that make any sense same country same currency but higher price because i can afford to make an account :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey u can same look at my post. U are fully right here!
More likes n views - more ppl know n maybe Blizzard see this!

Good afternoon everyone.

I can say that - this is a big fundamental (and not only) problem, an attempt to write off a larger amount from the card than indicated in the Blizzard store. It’s not even about the price increase. The price must correspond to that indicated in the store and without any “double conversions”, which actually exist and this is a fact. I think many will stop buying a subscription precisely because of the double conversion, since the money just goes into the unknown. The amount (which, by the way, changes) given for the “double conversion” at the moment is 22.93 UAH. And this is almost 1/10 of the amount, and this is almost 1 USD!

It’s a pity that Blizzard Support doesn’t know about the “double conversion” and claims me and (possibly) other players who (possibly) contacted support about our problems with the bank (Fees, hidden fees, currency exchange, etc.) Personally, I am very familiar with the bank and I know that there is no double conversion, no commission, and other hidden fees (especially if 4 different banks inform me about withdrawing the amount more than indicated.)

I hope this issue will be heard and will be resolved soon! Thank you for your attention!

4 Likes

I think they just dont care… No blue post no answers on forum topics…

2 Likes