I launched Battle.net app and noticed I got the version of it. Before I launched OW I tried the “Scan&Repair” because the game has been acting up a lot lately, the bar does fill all the way up to 100% after which I get the error saying “Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.” After that I tried restarting the launcher and trying it again with the same result. Then the app says that I need to update OW in order to play it, so when I press the UPDATE button, the bar fills all the way up and gives me the same error message as with the “Scan&Repair”. What am I supposed to do since nothing really seems to work, not restarting the app or the PC. welp
This specific error and behavior with the Battle.net Desktop App is typically caused by a conflicting third-party program such as an anti-virus, or a corrupted local Battle.net or game files. Let’s try clearing the “Indicies” for the game, which should force the Battle.net app to scan the game files and resume the update:
- Open the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.
- Select the game in the row of games at the top of the App.
- Click Options and select Show in Explorer.
- Open the folder for the game experiencing issues, then open the data folder (for Overwatch it’s data\casc).
- Locate and delete the indices sub-folder.
- Return to the Battle.net app and click Options > Scan and Repair.
If that doesn’t work, to rule out corrupted Battle.net files on your computer, try re-installing the Battle.net Desktop App with these steps:
Uninstall the Blizzard Battle.net App (skip Step 6 for now, we will re-install later).
Next (before re-installing) let’s delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders in the Windows temporary file locations below. If you don’t see all 3 folders in each location, that is okay—just delete the folders you have):
- Press Windows Key + R and type: %LOCALAPPDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
- Repeat the process for %APPDATA%, %TEMP%, and %PROGRAMDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
Finally, re-install the App.
I hope this does the trick! Let us know if you have questions going forward.