Overwatch can't update or be repaired: BLZBNTAGT0000084B

Windows 10 user here! This issue has been going on since I tried to play last week and none of the steps listed in the help page to address this error have helped. The only time I can update, run the repair and scan function, or play Overwatch is while signed into the full admin account instead of my personal account that has all the same permissions. All files related to battle.net and Overwatch have my personal account set up with full admin rights (checked and changed manually just to make sure), my firewall has everything Blizzard may have even sneezed on listed in the ‘safe’ and ‘exception’ categories (turning off my antivirus doesn’t change anything), and none of my other programs and games have this issue.

This is incredibly frustrating, but in a hilarious take I somehow have enough rights to uninstall Overwatch but not update or reinstall it. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Hey there DogeQueen,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out with those details! If you can only update on a new admin account, this could indicate damaged or missing Windows system files or an issue with how the old user account is configured. This is somewhat common, and the easiest fix is to move any user-specific files that you wish to keep from the old user account to the new admin account. You can also work with Microsoft’s Support to troubleshoot the problem with the old account if preferred.

I’m having the same issue here, I try to update Heroes of the Storm, but the same error pops out, It seems that I got it after the last Battle.net update. I could update Overwatch, then Bnet app was updated, after that, I could not update Heroes.

I am also having the same issue, just randomly Overwatch started to not let me update. It was about the same time DogeQueen was no longer able to. I have already tried all the trouble shooting that is given here. You’re solution doesn’t help me because I am the only User on this PC.

1 Like

Hey there,

If you’re still running into issues, open File Explorer and navigate to the location:

C:\Users\your name\Documents

Find the Overwatch folder and delete it. Then restart the Battle.net app and try reinstalling the game.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.