Overwatch bugs causes suspension

As I was searching for a game, as the game was found, an “applying update” appeared, which took me back to the main menu. This has happened multiple times. I have tried to just go right back (which had led me back to a suspension) or I have restarted the app like I did this time and came back to a 8 hour suspension.

I was never in a game and was never able to rejoin the “match I was in” (once again, I never joined a game). This is really annoying and seems unavoidable. My suspension timer is going to keep going up without me being able to do anything.

I’ve tried contacting support but they literally said that they were right in suspending me and offered me no help. I had to turn to the community, hopefully you guys have a solution.

If your request was to remove the penalties, support would be unable to do so. If your request was for troubleshooting assistance to solve the applying update loop, they should have offered troubleshooting. You can reply to the ticket with fresh copies of your system files to request additional troubleshooting assistance or you can post on the Overwatch 2 technical support forums for community based technical support.