Overwatch 2 phone number

I am not allowed to play Overwatch 2 because I have a pre-paid phone plan, which i have used for many years and have had no issues with any other game for verifying the number. I am not going to switch to a contract phone plan just to play Overwatch 2. I invested hundreds of hours into your first game and now i cannot continue to play the game and have fun like i did in the first one because of a phone plan. Not everyone can afford contract plans and you are losing a valued customer and user strictly because of this.

107 Likes

Or people who don’t have a cell phone at all and aren’t going to get one just so they can play overwatch.

17 Likes

well force a chargeback and recover ur money via credit card then, it says u need ph num to play “free games” this is not a free game guess there a bit stupid @ bliz

6 Likes

This phone number rule is an atrocity for “Online gaming” videogames and even more for free games, @blizzard with this move your game is going to become even worse and lonelier

24 Likes

Yeah Same Problem here. The only benefit is to have less smurfs and getting easier rid of cheaters. But being Not able to Play a Game because having only a Prepaid Phone is one of the Most stupid Things i saw from a Game developing company!

16 Likes

Not being able to play due to this has been a huge disappointment. It makes me regret the time and money I spent in the past, especially with the fact that I can no longer play old Overwatch, a game that I payed for mind you.

14 Likes

rather have smurfs then not being able to play the game at all rip, they should at least allow pre-paid, almost everyone has prepaid this is so dumb

10 Likes

Whats even worse I dont even have a pre paid phone and its saying I do lol. What??? Ive had the same number for 10 years now. This was one of the worst launches of any game Ive ever seen. I want my founders pack refunded if I cant even log into the game. A response to this issue would be nice.

16 Likes

Hey, Blizzard, keep up the great work! Thanks for screwing over people with prepaid plans! I’m sure this will be fine and that a lawsuit isn’t possible at all from all this! It’s not like you’re showing favoritism to certain mobile carriers or anything. This is great!

Honestly though, please fix this crap. If you don’t, I have no problem with never using anything Blizzard related again. I paid money for the OW1, and now you’re stopping me from playing OW2? For what? To stop smurfs and cheaters? Well, hell, I’m neither of those. I suck at the game, but I have fun. Am I not even allowed to do that anymore? Fine, I’ll go screw off somewhere else if you really don’t want me to be able to play. Just realize first and foremost just how anti-consumer you’re being in your practices.

19 Likes

Well it mean’t to combat cheaters as well as smurfs.

Its a small sacrifice to make.

3 Likes

Literally the most smoothbrain take on planet earth. Their system doesn’t even support some cell carriers. So even though i have a regular phone plan, i cant play on my account with over a thousand hours because my phone company is unregistered and counts as ‘prepaid’.

9 Likes

I have 2 phone numbers and NONE OF THEM WORKS, it’s freaking amazing how they can screw something that simple. No other game had this happening to me.

11 Likes

It says my phone number is in use in another account. What’s comedic about this is - I log into my account and “add a number”. It then sends me an SMS code, which I type in, and THEN it says my number is in use in another account (I don’t have another account). Hopefully the servers are just messed up otherwise that’s that for me because I am not changing my number and I am sure I won’t convince them that it’s actually now my number, not the previous number of some other account holder. What a debacle.

9 Likes

Estou com o mesmo problema. Meu plano da vivo Ă© pos pago, e qdo vou registrar diz que nĂŁo Ă© pos pago e nĂŁo aceita finalizar o registro. Triste isso e nĂŁo sei pq a empresa precisa disso. Estava querendo jogar, mas passei raiva com esse registro.

3 Likes

I am having the same issue. I have been playing OW1 for years but also I buy every thing W.O.W for 14 years. Now I can’t play a “FREE” game after being such a life long customer of Blizzard because I have a Pre-paid sim? What a joke!

9 Likes

I need to change my country and the page doesnt let me do it because it doesnt loads and the tickets made keep dissapearing. How can i change the country in order to put a phone number and try to play?

11 Likes

I came back to check out the new game and find the old gone. Then my authenticator isn’t good enough from back when I played wow. Now my phone number isn’t good enough, because of some post-paid garbage. I’m glad I’m not the only one having this issue but WTF is this bs?

9 Likes

I kind of wish I could play some kind of overwatch in general. Doesn’t feel fair to lose a game for. :frowning:

5 Likes

I’m going through the exact same situation! Please let this be a fixable issue, as I too cannot change the only phone number I’ve had in nearly 20 years.

6 Likes

Have same problem, what a load of crap, they need to fix this BS! I already gave them $42 plus for the expansion FFS!

6 Likes