Outstanding issues after this week's fixes

First, I wanted to say a big thank you for all the API fixes that were rolled out with this week’s maintenance. Most of the major issues I was having appear to be resolved, so thank you!

However, I wanted to draw attention to a few issues that still appear to exist. I was secretly hoping these might get fixed this week, although they were not listed in the patch notes. My apologies if you already have these tracked internally and just haven’t gotten around to working on them yet.

I can’t post links but these have all been previously reported in the API Bug Report forums.

Major issues for me:

• New API: Toy and Appearance achievements are not correctly reporting their criteria
  • New API: Dates are off for account-wide achievements, sometimes by years

Medium issues:

• New API: Vashj’ir Seahorse mount is missing (Problematic for me because it works for some characters but not others)

The rest are minor issues so I won’t list them out here. As always, thank you for any help you can provide!

1 Like

Just adding, unless I missed something, the hunter pet and player collection battle pet APIs aren’t showing their creature_display fields yet.

Greetings Briala & Wain,

Thank you for the report about these potential issues. For troubleshooting purposes, can you verify which regions you are mainly consuming data from? Schema changes will only be reflected after each regions weekly reset in-game. Additionally, characters will be required to log out of the game after application of the patch before schema changes are represented in their API documents.

Thanks

I am in the US region, and I made sure to login/logout of my characters before doing testing. I was able to confirm that the bug fixes in the patch notes were indeed fixed, so I think that confirms the schema changes had been rolled out. But again, several issues I was hoping might also be fixed were still buggy.

My main is Shoogen on US-Drenden.
Another one of my characters is Angrydemon on US-Drenden.

It appears the creature_display field is being displayed now, so apologies for jumping the gun! I did log my characters on and off yesterday before I checked, but maybe I was too quick to recheck.

Does anyone happen to know if Gladiator’s mounts now appear? I’ve checked a few collections of players I know own them, and not seen any, but I can’t be sure if any of them have logged on since the reset.

Hello Maguthul, I hope that you have been doing well.

With the release of patch 8.3, it appears that new characters do not show up in the old Community APIs anymore. To try to work around this issue, I was hoping to finish switching to the new Profile APIs. Unfortunately, it appears that the bugs I reported in this forum post are still happening, which prevents me from doing so.

I wanted to check if there has been any progress on this? I’d love to be able to finish my migration, it seems I am stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. Thank you for any help you can provide!

1 Like