[Nov 27] HOTNet ISP - High Latency & Disconnecting from Battle.net

hello…
over the last few days my connection to the battle.net app keeps falling.
whether its during gameplay or just the app being idle.

I’ve reseted my hardware and did a dns flush like it said on one of the support forums however it didn’t work.
is there anyway i can track the connection and see how it fails?
The error message it shows is 1016 which to my understanding is a generic connection error?

thank you.

edit:
also with my firewall off. i’ve added a network tool to check the communication of the app. whenever it disconnects me even if i press the “go online” button there is zero communication from the app… only after i kill the app and restart it, sometimes and not on every try , when i press the “go online” button it will register communication from the app and then it will log back in.
when it doesn’t ofcoarse it will not log back in.

i would love to blame my isp for this but everything in the background other then the app seems stable.

8 Likes

Hey there Wolfman,

Is the connection type wired, wifi, cellular, or other? We typically recommend a wired connection to help prevent issues with signal quality.

Let us know. Thanks!

its a wired connection. i checked every aspect of the hardware… switched to a different cable even, i checked the drivers ofc all uptodate. i ofc followed the instructions on the top topic. i even reinstalled the app. however it still disconnects
randomly. the connection itself is stable… 80-100 ms depend on the hour of the day but to where i live it more then reasonable.
thats why i asked if there anyway that i can track and log the connection of the app to see what causes it to disconnect.

Hi me and my friend have the same problem i get disconnected from the game (CoD) and it happens randomly sometimes after one game and sometimes in the middle of the first game i tried to contact support here and at activition and no one seems to give me a selution.
Please help

not the same… its not the game that disconnects , but the app itself. the game itself
is stable as far as i can tell. and im not asking for a solution but help to somehow troubleshot the connection if possible.

Hey again Mr. Wolfman,

Would it be possible to run a winMTR test to us.actual.battle.net domain? This is our authentication servers. If the main desktop app is what’s disconnecting it’d be here you’d want to run the test to. Basically just drop the domain in the “Host” field instead of an IP address.

Once you have it, feel free to export it to text or take a screenshot. Then upload it to either pastebin or imgur and drop us a link.

Example: imgur*com/abc123

Hi, altho im not the OP I got similar Issue, the battlenet itself losing connection, and W\E I play I either get throwen to login menu(HOTS) or if its MW it force me to close the game, or even if I am not playing anything the app itself will lose connection and i need to press the reconnect buton at least twice before it actualy able to login to battlenet again, meanwhile this happens the internet works fine i can surf the web, watch youtube ,etc…
This issue start to happen this week before that I never had an issue with the battlenet program, I did a test with the tool winMTR, tell me if it was helpfull.
pastebin[.]com/E7NmwRP9

i am playing on the EU servers however… will the address be the same?
also i contacted my isp and they agreed to change my ip to a “safe” address.
and by safe they said this one should not cause any connection issues. whether its true or not i have no idea. but the problem still presist after the change so whether we can rule out isp side or not , idk.

Same problem same internet provider as ZelDerX, and the same pattern. (but in SCII)
pastebin*com/G5RWQfzi

same problem. cant play overwatch as it keeps disconnecting every few minutes.
so annoying!

Same problem as [ZelDerX] has
the battlenet itself losing connection, and W\E I play I either get throwen to login menu(HOTS) or if its MW it force me to close the game, or even if I am not playing anything the app itself will lose connection and i need to press the reconnect buton at least twice before it actualy able to login to battlenet again, meanwhile this happens the internet works fine i can surf the web, watch youtube ,etc…
This issue start to happen this week before that I never had an issue with the battlenet program

1 Like

same problem. In 2 computers, I in Diablo and my wife in WoW, disconect in a same time and a few sec battle.net (website and app) and didn’t working.

Other internet (like google, TeamSpeak) work well

Problem stars last week. 1 in 1 like [MotherfackrJ] wrote!!!

upd. Israel, internet from HotNet

1 Like

have the same problem, also Hotnet, did you find a solution ? @ArtemedoN ?

Dudes from Israel. Plizz call to hotnet *6901 like me, if 10-20 ppl will call to them it will be change somethink.

Same problem here: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/disconnected-every-few-min/

1 Like

so here is what i did… the address i used was eu/actual/battle/net as i play on eu i took a guess that this will be the address.
i must say that during the week when i first posted i got dced every 10 min. and during the weekend i only had 2 dcs.
while watching the program i noticed that when the dc happend
the line for the end address 37.244.54.10 was where things got frozen… both the sent and the received columns stop and you can see the difference where the other address list 3150ish pings and that one has 3100… it froze for about a min and then the app managed to connect again.

pastebin*com/UPa9YGwH

this is a test directly to the game same thing happens only the end address freezes

pastebin*com/uFQVsSQaa

I see you have HOTNET too. PLZ PLZ PLZ call *6901 to hotnet, we need more call, only that we can fix this problem

i really dont think its hotnet’s fault

I too have the same problem and also in hotnet. I see that this seems to be a problem with hotnet and battlenet (WHICH NET IS STRONGER!?!? hehe) anyway i called them 3 days ago and they did not see any issue with my connection(as there wasnt really, i could surf the web and play other games). Hopefully if enough people call they may see that it is a widespread issue and will fix it as soon as possible.
With my cellular i was able to play for over 30 mins btw

to everyone who post here. plz follow the instructions left by the gm and add a pastebin of the program. like i said… the only address to freeze during the trial was the end address. so i really doubt its hotnets fault… the communication is leaving the country. its not on hotnets network that it fails. so unless i completely misunderstood what the program does the more poeple to share thier pastebin the better the gm can figure what the problem is. so plz do the test and share your pastebins

also leave the pastebin as a reply to the GM original post so he wont have to scan the whole thread.