No resolution but forum post locked?

To those stuck on the “Updating Battle.net…” during install, Blizz has closed yet another unresolved post. I am certain this will be immediately closed too, as they do not know why we are getting this, but are embarrassed that they cannot find a solution.

This post is to update you guys on my progression through this problem.

So I have made some progress, but have hit another brick wall.
After deleting everything related to Blizzard off my machine (all program files, all temp data and anything even remotely concerning Blizzard), I downloaded a fresh copy of the installer. I changed the compatibility to Windows 7 and then ran it as Admin.
It finished downloading and then actually finished the “Updating Battle.net Agent…” thingy and the installation screen appeared! Hooray!!!

Now it runs the install to ~16% but then drops back down to 0% and starts over. This loop has been happening for about an hour with no real progress.

If I do finally get it working, I will make sure to post here before getting lost in Diablo :wink:

(Blues, please do not lock this. If you guys are going to ignore this issue, at least let the community try and resolve it. Thx!)