No chat notifications - Desktop app

The Battle.net desktop app will not play any notification sounds or flash the window in the task bar when I get a new chat message, if I leave the window in the background. The only thing that guarantees I get a notification is if I close the chat window entirely after sending a message.

I have uninstalled the app, I have deleted settings files in AppData, both Local and Roaming multiple times. This only temporarily fixes the issue, if I change ANYTHING, even something not related to notifications, they stop working. The app is not muted in Windows, I can hear voice chat. This started only a month or two ago after an update to the app.

5 Likes

Howdy Kuzame,

Would you be able to try testing this on a new Windows user account to see if there’s any change?

1 Like

I was finally able to test it with a new user account and it still behaves the same way. Edit: To be clear I mean it does not play any sounds or flash on the task bar when I get a message.

I uninstalled again, then used Revo Uninstaller to delete all left over files and registry entries, then reinstalled and it still will not play any notifications.

I didn’t want to make a new thread but this has been happening to me also since I got the new Bnet app. I get no indication when my friend types to me if the chat window is already open, no sound no flashing on the task bar, sometimes I will get the flashing if the chat window is fully minimized and not just behind what ever program I am using but still no sound. It is very annoying as I keep missing messages from my friends until I randomly check the window and see they sent me a message.

I’m also having the same issue on two different computers.

I’m also not receiving chat notifications on an IMac or IPhone. Had issue before and after recent update. Please fix ASAP.

Likewise - Mac app here. No notifications of a message, and no apparent setting to turn on or off. Surely this should be an easy fix.

This is also happening to me. I will often miss messages because I have no idea that a message was even sent. Please fix this. It is incredibly frustrating.

same for me. :frowning: please do something.

Is this ever going to be fixed? This has been happening from the day you “improved” this “app” (it’s called a program, yo). For crying out loud, just let us revert to the old version of this utterly trash boat launcher so the problem goes away.

Or have someone actually fix it. If that’s not too much to ask. Because you know, I am tired of missing important messages because the bloody taskbar icon doesn’t flash.

1 Like

This is still not fixed and it has been well over a year.

Would you look at that! Brand new computer, fresh install of everything. STILL HAPPENING. Is this garbage ever going to be fixed?

Hey guys,

Same here! New PC, Windows 11. I hear the Battlenet sound, but see no notification icons. Also, when I try and turn on notifications in windows setting for Battlenet, I cannot turn it on - the button automatically reverts to off.

Grant.

In your situation, it sounds like Bnet app doesn’t have permissions to send notifications to Windows. You may need to open it as admin, or maybe even make a new admin account.

This is still happening two years later. Am I going to have to start mass emailing your QA people directly to get this fixed?

Still happening. Do I have to email carpet bomb the QA team to get this fixed? I’d rather not have to resort to such tactics.

The QA Team does not read this forum ---- if you want the QA Team to see your comment, put it in Desktop App Bug Report:

Also, this thread is almost 3 years old… time to start a new one if it’s still happening.

It’s been reported many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times.

1 Like