No Black Friday discount on CoD despite official announcement

Blizzard (as I’m sure you all know) announced their Black Friday sale, which included a few discounts on CoD. I’m not seeing any of these discounts on the Battle.net launcher, the Blizzard website, or even third party websites like the PSN store or the Microsoft XB website. Am I being stupid here? Or are they just not on sale despite the official announcement.

I was about to post the same thing. I was going to get MW for the PC. I was excited about it all day then I came home and noticed it was not on sale. What gives? Like you I searched on every store and website and got no answers.

1 Like

I posted this for the same reason (MW PC) Initially my thought was that something had been messed up on ActivisionBlizzard’s end and the entire sale didn’t start until 4pm PST today, but (as I’m sure you’ve noticed) there’s none. I also haven’t seen anyone report on this either, it’s almost gone completely unnoticed. I filed a support ticket shortly after posting this, I’ll let you know if I get any information from that.

Please do. Hope we get answers.

The article you linked was posted in 2019. This is 2020.

That would explain why you don’t see the same sales listed this year. Either that, or they have the article date wrong.

Considering it has a sale on the digital content for the Bizzcon Virtual ticket referencing THIS year

BlizzCon 2019 Virtual Ticket

If you missed out on the panels, Q&As and entertainment from BlizzCon this year, never fear! For a limited time, the BlizzCon 2019 Virtual Ticket will be on sale for a special promotional price, granting access to all Virtual Ticket content, the in-game digital extras, and access to the Warcraft III: Reforged beta.

I would argue it really was posted in 2019.

1 Like

Yeah okay the end conclusion is that I’m stupid lol. Thanks for clearing this up. I was rather confused because most (if not all) websites reporting on the “sale” itself referenced this, so most of the info out there on this year’s Black Friday sale (or the lack thereof) is just wrong. Here are some examples of the problem. An official announcement of this year’s sales/discounts could have easily worked around the problem.
Edit: The links were removed, I think because I’ve not got enough posts. Search “battle net black friday sale 2020” on google, you’ll find some of the results yourself.

I also waited for the Black Friday, blizzard is progressing worse and worse, but no regrets, cyberpunk starts on December 10, better to invest in serious companies.

1 Like

to be clear you’re not stupid Goose, on Black Friday people expect discounts, for example republic word com announced sales on battlenet 25th november 2020

1 Like

How can you have a major Triple A game like Call Of Duty and not have any Black Friday specials.