My Documents - Network Storage Location

Dear Blizzard support,

I want to report a bug / issue with two of my games - Stacraft 2 and Heroes of the Storm. During installation process via battle.net Desktop App both games try to create a subfolder in the “My Documents” Folder. However the installer has issues when the “My Documents” Folder is located on a network drive / network storage location (Dear Blozzard support,

I want to report a bug / issue with two of my games - Stacraft 2 and Heroes of the Storm. During installation process via battle.net Desktop App both games try to create a subfolder in the “My Documents” Folder. However the installer has issues when the “My Documents” Folder is located on a network drive / network storage location returning error messages during installation

As the change of the My Documents Folder Storage Location is a standard feature in Windows 10 I would expect the installer to consider this setting and create the game specific subfolders in the correct My Documents Folder as defined by the user

Thank you very much in advance and best
sportsman

blizzard? when can i expect this to be finally solved?
moving the My Documents Folder is a standard windows feature and should be supported by both games

so i was trying to add a different storage device like a hard disk drive for call of duty warzone 2023 and it didn’t show an option

I am not sure about Activision games, so take this with a grain of salt. For Battlenet Blizzard games you can put them on a different drive, or even an external SSD if it has a fast enough data transfer.

To set that up you to go the top left of the launcher where the swirly logo is
Settings > Game Settings > Select game > Install Location [Use Different Folder] (browse)

It should let you browse to a new location where you have copied your game directory.

If that is not available for MW3 then you would have to ask Activision about it. I can only help with the Bnet Launcher.