My account WOW#2 has been banned by mistake

I don’t understand how you guys could mistake me for using a third party program, given the fact Blizzard is famous for being a high tech company. I’ve a really loyal customer and this is how I am treated? Please check my daily activities. I run dailies with my friends and guildmates everyday. I run Kara and Gruul’s lair every week. I am always helping out my guildmates level and do difficult quests. I am an officer in my guild and I am one of the main tanks. This time I am merely helping guildies level for a few hours and I am accused of being using third party program? It’s a an insult to the countless number of hours I put in the game. I would never ever use those programs. I am 100% aware it violates the terms of use. I am personally disgusted by them. Please check my activities in game and do not wrongly accuse a dedicated and loyal Wow player.

This forum is for help and discussion about the Blizzard API interface that websites and apps use to make their software.

It is not a means to reach out to the WOW staff.

If you you want to appeal a ban you need to start with the Support article about it then put in a ticket. That is the ONLY way to appeal a ban.

If you wish to ask questions in an Information Desk format about the process or policies, there is the WoW Customer Support forum. That is NOT a means to reach a GM or appeal, but they will answer questions.