MW2 / Warzone 2.0 launch issue

I’m having the same issue. I’ve scanned and repaired, reinstalled like 4 times and tried different file locations. Just opened a support ticket.

1 Like

Yep same problem. I launch it. It says error has occurred while launching game. I’ve tried everything and nothing works

Find the folder your call of duty launcher is in. If in battlenet just hit the cog button by the “play” button and select “show in explorer” option. Once in that window, go back one folder and create a new folder and just name it “warzone 2” or something. Move the “call of duty” folder and all its contents into the new “warzone 2” file you created. Go back to your battlenet launcher and under the play button there will be a search for launch location button. Click that and select the call of duty folder that is in your new warzone 2 folder. Then play.

5 Likes

dude… why did that actually work? many thanks

I reinstalled the game twice now and it still wont work idk what to do

1 Like

it was broken before too. Still have no chance of playing it now

Hi , i have the same problem , i can see the game running in the task manager , but after few seconds , it just close , no splash screen or anything , it’s now 5 days , and i can’t find any help from Activision or Blizzard or raven or anyone related to this game , also steam version has the same problem

Same issue. Nothing i do is working. Is there anyone who can actually help us?

2 Likes

Any fixes? Have the same problem and no solution

Hey all,

With Call of Duty being solely Activision’s property, in-game issues, such as crashing, needs to be taken to Activision for support.

Bliz’s only support involvement in the Call of Duty games is purchases, installation and patching. Thus, anything that occurs after pressing the “Play” button on the launcher falls into Activision’s jurisdiction.

See here for details:

That said, see Wootimus’ post above. It seems to have worked for some.

Ultimately I had to reinstall the game but using Wootimus’ instructions. I picked a NEW folder to install the game to. So instead of ‘C:\Program Files x86\Call of Duty’ I installed the game to ‘C:\Program Files x86\CoD MW2’ after letting it reinstall it would open the game properly… In my case I lost all my in-game settings. But small price to pay…

Thank you sooo much, it realy work! <3

:raised_hands:

Works like a charm :smiley:

Literally logged in just to say this worked for me after trying everything else! Thank you!

1 Like

actually worked! thank you

1 Like

still having same issue after reinstalling new folder

I have tried everything on YouTube and reddit and here and can’t get my game to launch still.

None of the methods in here are working. Really frustrated

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.